Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone built one of the 'Tyne Models' Tug boats?  (Read 7781 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Anyone built one of the 'Tyne Models' Tug boats?
« on: August 30, 2007, 12:14:08 pm »

Via Mayhem....

Sir,
Can you tell me if you know of anyone who has built one of the 'Tyne Models' Tug boats, Ironsider/Northsider and has made a review of said build? this is my first big project and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Paul
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Anyone built one of the 'Tyne Models' Tug boats?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:29:40 pm »

Hi Paul

I am currently finishing off Tyne Models "Alfred". The hulls are superb, but not a project for a beginner! If you look on Tyne Models website, you will find a link there to Brian Close, he has built all of their models so far, is a brilliant modeller, and is also very helpful. I have had quite a lot of assistance from him in my build, I'm sure he would be happy to help you as well.

Danny

geordieboy1959

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:42:07 pm »

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the information, I'll certainly check him out on their web site. I have started the build but would feel more comfortable with a bit of advice from someone who has experience in building this Tug, I would hate to ruin it after spending so much cash on it.

Maybe if I catalog my progression and photogragh the build, Martin might post it in the Mag?

Once again thanks for your help Danny.

titan

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:26 pm »

O0
    Hi Paul you may have problems contacting Brian Close as he is in the throughs of moving house but should be back on the net soon. If iam not mistaken Alan Miller did a review on the CROBY/ALFRED and also the FLYING SPINDRIFT but i don't think i have seen one on the NORTH/ IRONSIDER all the best and happy building.

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 08:08:06 pm »

Hi Titan

Can you give me any more info regarding Alan Miller and his reviews of the Tyne models.  I was talking to him at Ellesmere and I wish he'd mentioned the subject there.  I think that Spindrift and Alfred in particular are brilliant subjects for a tug builder.

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »

built this one a few years ago    enjoyed the build  O0

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 08:22:31 pm »

PM Welsh Druid he has built a Northsider bloomin tidy it is too

Stavros

titan

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 11:20:37 pm »

O0
     Hi Kiteman cant remember which edition of model boats Alan had the reviews in and i don't think he is on the internet,But if you ask MAYHEM MARTIN & or the form members some one will probably point you in the right direction or failing that try Brian Close when he eventually gets settled in his new house he has built every one of Tyne Models kits and is currently building his second Northsider all the best and happy hunting Titan.

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 03:29:52 pm »

Thanks Titan.  Will be at Warwick later this year and will no doubt see Alan there.

Whilst on the subject of knowing people it would be nice to speak tete-a-tete so to speak.  Has anyone thought of producing a lapel/cap badge for Mayhemmers?  I reckon it could catch on.  8) 8)

Ian Robins

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:47:36 pm »

Hi,
We have a Northsider at Northampton Model Boat Club built by Terry Stagg (there must be photos on here from previous Warwick shows).