Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIY bait boat wiring help..  (Read 3824 times)

Kristoff29

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
DIY bait boat wiring help..
« on: November 05, 2017, 09:28:04 pm »

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and need some help....

I am building a bait boat and this is my first time in building anything rc.
My boat is quite big and looking at carrying about 5kg of bait to where i want my bait so i have gone for 2x 12v 1100 gph bilge pumps for forward thrust and 2x 12v 750 gph pumps on the front for reverse.I will be running a 2.4ghz system with 6ch transmitter and a 7ch reciever 6v.2x 6v 12.0Ah batteries.2x servos for bait doors.
Leds for lighting.So I'm after some help in wiring this up.Will i need 4x ESC's for the pumps?
Can anyone give my a rough wiring diagram on how it all needs to be wired up,  I'm a little confused at how I get 12v, which runs the pumps down to 6v for the receiver plus my leds? I guess i will need to wire both 6v batteries to make 12v to start with?
The ESC's im using have built in BEC's.

Many thanks Kris

( Repaginated - Admin )

T33cno

Re: DIY bait boat wiring help..
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 09:34:36 pm »

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and need some help.... I am building a bait boat and this is my first time in building anything rc My boat is quite big and looking at carrying about 5kg of bait to where i want my bait so i have gone for 2x 12v 1100 gph bilge pumps for forward thrust and 2x 12v 750 gph pumps on the front for reverse.I will be running a 2.4ghz system with 6ch transmitter and a 7ch reciever 6v.2x 6v 12.0Ah batteries.2x servos for bait doors.Leds for lighting.So im after some help in wiring this up.Will i need 4x ESC's for the pumps?Can anyone give my a rough wiring diagram on how it all needs to be wired up, im a little confused at how i get 12v, which runs the pumps down to 6v for the reciever plus my leds?I guess i will need to wire both 6v batteries to make 12v to start with?The ESC's im using have built in BEC's.Many thanks Kris

Paul2407

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: DIY bait boat wiring help..
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 07:42:21 pm »

Personally I would wire it all in 12v whether you do this via 2 x 6v batteries (I would by a 12v battery) and then use a 12v to 6v converter for anything that is 6v something like this would work https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18W-3A-DC-DC-STEP-DOWN-BUCK-CONVERTER-12V-TO-6V-CAR-POWER-ADAPTER-WATERPROOF/182289884744?hash=item2a7152e648:g:tmoAAOSwCGVX5AEP
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.