Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ebay tug  (Read 2752 times)

typhoon

ebay tug
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:34:12 pm »

has anyone seen that so called quality tug on ebay. rust,it looks like a bloodbath to me !!! at £400 i think is going to have someones pants down.

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
Re: ebay tug
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:37:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure that there's a Mayhem thread about this tug already. This is the third time it's been listed in the last two or three weeks, the first time the seller made some excuse about correcting mistakes in the listing, probably the price wasn't reaching the level he was hoping for, the second time it sold and the buyer seems to have wriggled out of completing the purchase after seeing the thing in the flesh, apparently it was "Bigger than he expected", though the seller had listed all the dimensions, and we're now going through the whole process for the third time. I've already said in the earlier thread that I don't really think it's worth much over £200, though eBay prices never cease to amaze me.
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:55:15 pm »

Back to prices I have been watching this , 250 copper rivets if you look at one or two Model eng sites there worth about £1 50 for 50 , so thats £7.50  the postage is £10 alone ,, Must be the Museum  Quality rivets again
Peter

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/250-Copper-Rivets-for-Locomotive-or-Traction-Engine_W0QQitemZ120153659514QQihZ002QQcategoryZ58177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Captain Povey

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:32:57 pm »

Hi all, It was mentioned in a posting called Moorcock hull. Cheers Graham

Mr Andy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 11:47:17 pm »

Was the original Moorcock one of the three tugs wrecked on the Pembrokeshire coast?

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 12:52:09 pm »

Sold on Ebat for £522 looked quite a nice Boat

Stavros
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.