Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Tiger refit  (Read 8351 times)

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: HMS Tiger refit
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 10:22:31 pm »

Glen waiting for a reply from old Blake crew for their opinion on twins
Paint is light weather works grey
Kestrel be funny can depict melted flight deck
When you say Scotland would that have been from
Glasgow model boat club?

Bob
I will finish this model

glenn69

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2019, 11:04:59 pm »

I believe so Bob. There’s a video on the internet where it was a member of a collection including a Type 22 Frigate.

Glenn.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 10:58:54 am »

HI Glenn have you any of your builds on here ?

chris

glenn69

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 06:14:31 pm »

Hi Chris. I’ve mostly collected boats for the last four years mate and only completing mostly built boats. I’m currently working on a 1/96 scale Uss Helena cruiser which was originally started by the late Ron Horabin. This is mostly scratch built using ply, styrene card and litho plate but also using fittings from John r Haynes and Shapeways. This is my most adventurous project to date and hopefully do both the boat and Ron proud. The Tiger will probably be started with conviction this winter.

Glenn.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2019, 12:23:31 pm »

Hi Chris. I’ve mostly collected boats for the last four years mate and only completing mostly built boats. I’m currently working on a 1/96 scale Uss Helena cruiser which was originally started by the late Ron Horabin. This is mostly scratch built using ply, styrene card and litho plate but also using fittings from John r Haynes and Shapeways. This is my most adventurous project to date and hopefully do both the boat and Ron proud. The Tiger will probably be started with conviction this winter.

Glenn.

HI Genn be nice to see your builds on here an the tiger when you start her as I would like to see how you build different to me as we all have our own ways of doin things that's what makes it intresting  to  me an we can learn off each other in my opinion that's the joys of modelling all ways something new
chris

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2019, 04:10:48 pm »

Glen the consensus of opinion on Tiger and Blake being spot on twins, as far as the casual onlooker at any of our sailings, is yes they are so you could do her.  However in real life many smaller details push then apart from being twins.  hope this is of use.

Bob
I will finish this model

glenn69

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2019, 04:21:59 pm »

Hi Guys. Thanks for your inputs. How do you load photos on this site. I’ve already took some of my Helena so could put them up.

Glenn.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2019, 09:41:37 pm »

Hi Guys. Thanks for your inputs. How do you load photos on this site. I’ve already took some of my Helena so could put them up.

Glenn.

HI Glenn  I use IMGBB image hosting site as its free but for how long I don't know an its bit complicated but I have so far just worked out how to put a link to imgbb to bring up the pic  an one of the guys helped me to bring up the pics on my site so hopefully he will help you  have a look on my tiger build to see who the gent is
chris

glenn69

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 04:31:08 am »

Very much obliged Chris.

Glenn.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 08:57:06 am »

Do you have Microsoft Office say 2010 or later?
if so does it have the tools section?
look for Microsoft Office Picture Manager, open your picture, resize - crop etc to reduce the size of the original file to those limits imposed on Mayhem and then follow the procedure to attach to the thread
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2019, 09:39:17 am »

Do you have Microsoft Office say 2010 or later?
if so does it have the tools section?
look for Microsoft Office Picture Manager, open your picture, resize - crop etc to reduce the size of the original file to those limits imposed on Mayhem and then follow the procedure to attach to the thread

HI Warspite many thanks for your offer of help  but all that you are sayin is beyond me as im not very good on this new windows 10 pc ive only had it a few wks  so i'll have to carry on how I was with the pics just putting the links or the other gent said he will bring the pics up proper sorry about that but all I can manage but 'll have a look  at what you mentioned all the same to see if I understand it but don't hold your breath
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2019, 07:02:41 pm »

HI Bob is there any chance of you putting some pics on here of your props sharfts an motor layout as it would be of immence help to me when I get that far as my plans are not brilliant
chris

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2019, 07:41:14 pm »

HI Bob is there any chance of you putting some pics on here of your props sharfts an motor layout as it would be of immence help to me when I get that far as my plans are not brilliant
chris

Chris, can show the outside of the prop layout but not much on the motors as they are buried deep,, I did not use plans to locate, rather decide to to two up and two forward, the shafts from Sitex also led me to this decision

Bob
I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2019, 07:46:40 pm »

Chris, can show the outside of the prop layout but not much on the motors as they are buried deep,, I did not use plans to locate, rather decide to to two up and two forward, the shafts from Sitex also led me to this decision

Bob

OK Bob i'll leave it at that then thanks for your answer

chris

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 10:52:29 am »

chris

Propshaft external layout, cant get to inside as all is sealed in as is my preference, hope it helps. What plans are you using?

Bob

I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2019, 01:07:02 pm »

HI Rob some great pics many thanks will help me greatly an im usein jecobin plans  what I had speacily  enlarged  to 1/72 scale but there are so many lines on the plans its a job to make head or tail of the prop layout   but from lookin at your pics its give me  a sort of 3D detpth of perseption an a   sence  of confidence to fit 4 props an motors I think as the sayin goes a picture is worth a 1000 words an very true too an I see you have fitted 5 blade props but on my plans it shows 3bladed but I think I will go for 5 bladed props as well  as more thrust I think I shall study your prop layout cheers
chris

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2019, 05:10:14 pm »

I used 5 blade as that is what Sitek provided in the running gear set, so not going to change them.  Jecobin plans I have show 4 blade, but as they sate the underwater detail is a guess.  Totally wrong for HMS Bristol, but luckily had access to that area so mine is correct :} 

Bob

I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2019, 06:44:01 pm »

Bob that is a crackin pic of your tiger on the pond  :-)) is that you in the background with the R/C ? An this pic will give me a little idea where she sits in the wet stuff  anymore pics please ? as they will all be very usefull to me or anybody elese for that matter cheers  :-))
chris

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2019, 09:46:35 am »

Yes that a younger Tiger and me :} that one was built same way as your frame and wrap, but while I was out of UK it was stored under a leaking roof, and water got between wood and fibreglass, so rebuild required, that's when I changed to fibreglass hull.
As for props, Sitek says they are 3 blade which is what he will supply, but he supplied my 5 bladed.  They works so leaving well alone.  The Tiger class had 4 four bladed props, according to one of her divers, who had to dive to check them out..  My Jecobin plans of which there are two versions, firstly show, 3 bladed but the later defo 4, this is what make the hobby fun (I think)
Image of her on the ground is wood hull remainder test tank of fibre glass
If you need any shots of the real ships, let me know  BTW just seen shapeways do cracking turrets BUT really pricey

Bob.

I will finish this model

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2019, 07:48:17 pm »

Cor thanks Bob for pics an info really good of you will help me greatly an many thanks for the offer of pics of the real ship I will take you up on that when I get more done on the hull an just been studying your build an like my plans there doesn't seem much detail on the hanger or rear of the ship is that how she was ?    anyway  cheers
chris

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2019, 04:31:57 pm »

HI Bob a question if I may please about your prop sharfts on your tiger  how long are they ? an yes I know yours is 1/96 scale an mine is 1/72 but I just want to get a little idea for when I do need them cheers
chris
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 24 queries.