The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Bait Boats

faulty mk1 procat to 2.4ghz conversion

(1/5) > >>

Theg77:
Hi guys,  I am looking to convert a mk1 procat to 2.4ghz using spectrum 6 channel rx and dx6i tx, as this rx is programmable  I believe that it may be able to run this using a pair of ESCs (one with a bec) and a mix on the tx

I ask is this possible and what kind of ESCs could I use.

I have a friend who is into rc trucks and he tells me they use an ESC with twin outputs, is this of any use?

Cheers guys

BOF:
Hi. I hope you eventually get some real replies to your questions, as I too have a semi scrap Procat that is awaiting rebuilding, and a new set of 2.4 Ghz radio gear.

BOF  ;)

BOF:
Well that's a disappointment, I did rather hope you would have had a shedload by now so I could manage to get my stalled Procat project going again.

BOF  ;)

chas:
I would guess there are no replies because there is a lack of information to answer. It's likely that 99% of us don't know what motors, prop etc are in your model, or even if the motors are brushed or brushless. To give meaningful replies, the motor type, amps drawn, prop size helps a lot. Also,  the inference is that there are two motors, is that correct? What voltage and capacity batteries are in the boat? that will affect the choice.
  Have you looked through the forum for similar installations?  There is plenty of help available on here, but people need something to work on. If you aren't sure about some of the above, post a picture of the inside of the model, someone will probably recognise enough to get started.

BOF:

Initially the craft has twin, brushed, motors turning 35mm twin bladed plastic propellers, steered and driven "Tank Style" so no rudder or servo's.

The motors are encased in plastic shrink tubing, and there is no way in, even just to identify the make.

Likewise the 27 Mhz receiver, ESC, and hopper release mechanism, after being incorporated onto a mother board, have been sealed away, and require further hacking and sawing to get at them.

I will try to get some pictures of the interior of the craft tomorrow.

I will try to get

BOF  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version