Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build The Endeavour  (Read 2346 times)

Millwallsteve

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Build The Endeavour
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:02:21 pm »

>:-o Hello Everybody....my wife bought me the model series "Build The Endeavour"...this was to get me into a new hobby (built cars before)...I'm really hooked.....I'm about 1 year into the build....and to my sorrow we lost\misplaced the full size plans for the "MAINMAST"...can anybody help me with a set of these plans as without them I have wasted a years worth of work. Contacted Eaglemoss, they were as useful as a cat flap in an elephant house. I'm willing to pay any postage expenses, as I will get the plans copied and will then send them back. Also on another point, does any body have any tips on rigging...this is without doubt my biggest challenge yet....My wife god bless her has also bought me "Sovereign of the Seas and the part series "U96"....so hope the forum can help me. Sorry to be long winded but this is the first time I have belonged to a forum....Help please.....

Millwallsteve

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Build The Endeavour
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 01:37:52 am »

Hullo Steve...........it is not surprising that the distributor cannot help....they are simply a commercial exchange house for your $ in exchange for packets of goods from far Eastern lands

Their greatest technical understanding of a model ship is that the wood specie carries a valid authority that it has been sprayed with enough poison to ensure you did not contaminate the limited tree species left in the UK

So whilst I have no plans for the Bark Endeavour why not try some of the on line builders of the same vessel. I think you will find support from like minded people, especially if you are able to send photographs of your years work to date

Following is just one of many links found for Models of HMS Endeavour....you can easily select an alternate language from the home page

Derek

http://shipmodeling.ru/blogs/endevor/1.php

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Millwallsteve

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 04:09:15 am »

Hey Derek

Thanks for that.....what really annoys me is that when you contact the suppliers they send you a bog standard reply....sorry cannot help you...But they still advertise the model on their website as available in part or whole. Oh well I sure some one will come up trumps on this forum.

Hope all is well down under.....Millwallsteve

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 08:17:49 am »

Hi I believe this is a very expensive way of building a model boat, I (for the club) recently sold the Victory, part started and seemingly most of the issues and kit parts.  Clearly the original builder had lost interest over the years!
You are locked into Endeavour now and I hope all goes well.  May I suggest you start saving your pennies for the next model boat now.  Then you can choose the one you fancy.
all the best Roy

Millwallsteve

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 08:52:06 am »

Hello Roy

I totally agree that it is a expensive way of buying a model....but that's my choice. I tend to get all the parts then start to build....I have all the parts needed to build the model, its simply the full size pans for the MAINMAST is what I'm missing, I'm hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction. I also have Sovereign of the Seas and U96 all the necessary parts to build the models...hoping for some advice on certain processes.

Hope all is well with you

Kindest Regards

Millwallsteve

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »

There was a book of HMS Endeavour details in the "Anatomy of the ship" series.  No idea of the price, since Jotika seem unwilling to display the price on their site, but heres the link - http://www.jotika-ltd.com/Pages/1024768/Books/Books_78968.htm - but looking at the price of a copy on Amazon, about an arm and a leg.
Of course, someone might be able to scan and send the appropriate page.  Part work kits often seem to be re-workings of existing kits with a monthly magazine added.  Endeavour has been "done" by both Caldercraft and Billings.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 02:36:34 pm »

One of our members has done the Endeavour.
He should be down the lake tomorrow.
If he has the plan you need I will borrow and scan it.
Don't hold your breath though, but I will pm you
tomorrow evening if I have any news.
Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Millwallsteve

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 08:11:47 am »

Thanks Ned.....just got a reply from another member who has a set of the plans I require.....

Regards

Millwallsteve

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 04:10:36 pm »

Ok Steve
Good luck with the build. :-))
Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.