Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pocher 1/4 ducati pangalie  (Read 1241 times)

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Pocher 1/4 ducati pangalie
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:38:35 am »

HI my missus promised me this kit for my birthday (I will be 60) then surprised me more by saying I could have the upgrade kit as well (since I'm such a good boy) that takes the kit up to £750.00
Well since we're on hols I was just browsing and was checking out Jadlam models and toys and found it for £474.95 so I nearly wet myself with excitement and ordered it, idiot course I got an email today saying it will be delivered tomorrow, I've managed to get the del changed to next Tuesday.
The update kit is coming from the USA no idea how long that will take to get here (obviously not allowed to touch it till October 26th)(we'll see) I can't wait looking at it (obviously haven't seen the actual model ) but judging by the size of 1/6th bike kits I'm going to attempt working indicators operated by the actual indicator switches also not sure if it's big enough for that but maybe even operating high/low beam.
Can you tell I'm excited.
Here in hunstanton you get a lot of superbikes parked along the seafront so I'm hoping to see a ducati then I will ask to take some detail picks of wear on an actual bike to get that right.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati pangalie
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:45 am »

I am excited for you.   :-))  I had a Pocher Roll Royce kit years ago and it cost a fortune then !.  I can't remember what happened to it.  (snatched out of my hand, if I recall)

I had thought that they had gone but obviously not.  :}  Roll on your birthday.

Cheers

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Plastic - RIP

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Bobbing Along!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »

I love these models - very detailed and well engineered. I've always wanted to build one.

My only gripe is the high price! You can buy a full-sized real bike for that money and actually ride it rather than have it sit on your mantlepiece.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 12:58:57 pm »

If its coming from the States, I would prepare myself for a shock when the courier arrives. This will take the form of a demand for import duty as its a county outside of the EU and carries a tariff.

My son found this out ordering Tshirts, he ordered 3 shirts for £70 (rock band T's only available in the US), then had to stump up another 18 quid in tax and courier delivery when they arrived. He now gets one at a time sent which falls under the limit for claiming tax.

kpnuts

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:04:59 pm »

Its only the upgrade kit thats coming from the USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.