Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC RAZOR 45 (TAKE 2)  (Read 4213 times)

AC RAZOR 45

AC RAZOR 45 (TAKE 2)
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:21:39 pm »

WELL SUNDAY IS COMING AND IT WILL BE TIME FOR THE SECOND OUTING OF MY AC RAZOR 45 ALL THE PROBLEMS FROM THE FIRST OUTING ARE SORTED, JUST DEPENDANT ON THE WEATHER NOW BEING NICE, IF ALL IS WELL WITH THE OUTING AND THE BOAT DOES WELL , ITS TIME TO PUT THE MAKARA ON THE WORK BENCH...AL

omra85

Re: AC RAZOR 45 (TAKE 2)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:30 pm »

Lovely RED and WHITE boat.  Hope it goes as well as it looks.

I just couldn't live with graphics that said "Powered by Sick Sikk"   ;D ;D ;D

Danny

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 11:22:17 pm »

YES NOT A GOOD NAME BUT  GREAT TORQUE AND LARGE PROP TURNING ABILITY,PLUS PLENTY OF POWER THOUGH THE TUNED PIPE AND PORTED 257 CARB  O0.ALAN

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 08:28:08 pm »

looking forward to take 3,  :D :D :D :D :D

pete_486

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 10:25:42 pm »

yeah so am i kurt it should be good.
ps once again im very sorry about the props  :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:...........Pete

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 12:23:03 am »

WELL WELL THIS BOAT IS BECOMING TO BE LIKE CHRISTINE THE POSSESED CAR,WE GOT OUT ON THE WATER ONLY TO FIND OUT THE STEERING SERVO WOULD ONLY TUN RIGHT, THEN IT WOULD NOT TURN AT ALL, AND TO TOP IT ALL WHEN I STRIPPED IT THAT NIGHT AND PUT A NEW SERVO IN, THE RX PACK UP,SO YES ITS GOING TO BE TAKE THREE NEXT TIME OUT,....NO ONLY DID MY BOAT GIVE UP THE GHOST, BUY MY BRAND NEW INFLATABLE DINGY GOT A PUNCTURE, AND SOME SNAPED MY OARS, AM I JUST ONE UNLUCKY SOD, OR DID I STRANGLE A PREIST IN MY LAST LIFE............. >:(

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 12:32:35 am »

yeah so am i kurt it should be good.
ps once again im very sorry about the props  :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:...........Pete

WELL IT WILL HAVE TO BE THESE GUYS :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: FOR YOU MATE PROP KNICKER ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »

at least pete now knows that life jackets dont stand up on there own ;D ;D ;D ;D

pete_486

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 05:58:37 pm »

well now im only 2" tall i might as well sit in my boat and control it from there cause that steering wheel on my jr i cant turn it any more so now ill have to that the middle man off the hatch and next to justadda and ron. :'(
ive just finnished modifying Al's razor radio box and fitted a 1/4 scale servo into it, now that was a really hard job i had to get the lego crane out to lower it in O0 ;D catch you very soon...............Pete

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 06:11:14 pm »

we didnt make you feel small did we, you was big enough to pick that stiff life jacket up,and as for being stuck between ron and justadda rather you than me and best you stay sat down he he he ;D ;D ;D

pete_486

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:02:07 pm »

well the long awaited vid of Al's razor yesterday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dviafoi-OM

omra85

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 07:46:48 pm »

That's the stuff - looks great!  I assume from the 'sliding turns' that you don't use a turn fin?  That's ok while the water is flat, but with a chop, your turns will be a bit unpredictble (not a good move to slide sideways into another boat)  ;D
Fast, flat, what more do you need?? ............................  more speed  ;D ;D    Get that engine screaming for mercy!!
Danny
Remember an engine is NOT for life, it's just to win the next race!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pete_486

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:14 pm »

hi Danny it has got two large turn fins on it. i took that vid yesterday and thats the first proper run to date.
i also took my makara out and Al took some vid of it its on the makara thread, still not running right i dont think, so if you wouldnt mind taking a look and all comments are welcome..........Pete

omra85

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 08:19:06 pm »

Hi Pete
Just looked back on the thread! If it's STILL sliding with those fins on - then the video isn't doing it justice!!  It must be REALLY moving.  I look forward to seeing the real thing at Windermere  :o :o :o :o O0
Danny

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 11:38:06 pm »

well had the razor out today after a few more problem and now fitted with a 2.4 ghz radio and she runs superb a will turn 180 degree turns at full throttle without any trouble at all in its own length hoping to get pete to do another vidio O0 O0 O0 now its time to build my makara with the tuned sikk,will start the thread soon......alan

omra85

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:56:39 pm »

Um - Alan, I dont' know how to put this but -

if your boat turns 180 degrees -

won't it be facing the WRONG way?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ::) ::)

See you Saturday
Danny

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 07:43:13 pm »

yes if you go the wrong way does that mean you get to the finish line first he he ;D ;D, she does turn well though, only coming up sunday. O0...al
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.