Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VolantexRC ATOMIC RTR racing boat  (Read 1752 times)

dominicm

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
VolantexRC ATOMIC RTR racing boat
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:43:14 pm »

Having reviewed many planes, quads and cars over the last 3 years so it was refreshing to get a boat in the water. Why didn't I do this a long time ago? Bit addictive to say the least. Was surprised how quick this thing was on 3 cells. Lots of tight turns and no hint of it tipping. And a good run time not far off the manufacturers stated 8 minutes. Balance seemed to be quite critical though. The stock 3S2500 in the battery holder had it on step from the go. I dropped in a 3S2200 and despite pushing it to the furthest forward point it would bog down when it lost momentum. Easily solved with a little lead on some velcro next time out. Otherwise really impressed. Zero time to set it up. Nice it has rates dial for steering on the transmitter so can go between hooligan style tight turns and smooth high speed turns. Looking forward to taking it out again.

Click here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgDUsU_SJ4

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: VolantexRC ATOMIC RTR racing boat
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:39 am »

Nice video review Dom ,just one tip id give is rc boats prefer clockwise running due to prop rotation.The esc should get water via water pickups but not usually a pump so thats interesting if it has a pump as pumps only work when the boats barely moving .

COG is pretty critical on cats so even upping the lipos capacity adding weight will change things a lot,cog needs to be around 30-34% of the boats length measured from transom usually depending on the power available .

Seems like this one comes pretty well balanced though.

It would pick up some speed with a sharp and balanced cnc alloy or brass prop too .

Krazykenny

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: VolantexRC ATOMIC RTR racing boat
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 02:49:48 am »

Been looking at the Volantex as a possible future purchase when i get some spare cash, hopefully before the next ice age!!!!  {-) ,  other strong contender(albeit more expensive) is the Proboat Blackjack,24 , i do have a strong pull towards "Cats" though,just love how they move through water.  You mention battery probs with bogging down and using "lead"???? I am unfamiliar with what you refer to.  I would have thought that cat would have easily run 4s or even 6s at a push, though the esc might need uprating,not sure how 40 a would be if you used that running say  5000 amh nano -tecs for example.
Another good and interesting review though,keep em coming!!!! :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.