Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: JB. Heart Surgery.  (Read 17010 times)

steamboatmodel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Heart Surgery.
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 06:33:55 pm »

Thanks for the post Gerald, that's reassuring and I hope you continue to be well  :-))
My spellings going to pot! or is it...I'm not sure now  {:-{

2 nurses from Blackpool Cardiac Centre been this afternoon at short notice, checked me over, ECG, blood pressure, taken some blood..again...one, a matron, has re-referred me to a cardaic consultant at Blackpool, Preston not done things right so all that's scrapped !!!

My blood pressure is low when I stand up...80/40 :o not good, news to me no mention of it at Preston  <*<
My heart is not pumping enough blood.
The matron has adjusted my meds to help, I really need to take it slow until they can sort it out :-X

Ease down John...not easy... I know I push myself a bit too far.

A fresh batch of meds just delivered.

JB.
That blood pressure is not good, fortunately for me mine stays around 120/80 range most of the time
My problem is/was my heart rate I could be sitting reading Model Boat Magazine (not exactly racy stuff) and my pulse would be 235ppm, If I stood up too fast the room went  round and I went down.
Gerald.
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors--and miss. Lazarus Long

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 08:58:10 pm »

HI Gerald, no it's far too low...I'm ok if I lie down but I can't stand for any length of time, my normal BP is around 120/60 which is fine...I've just got up from being in bed for a while, I'll have to work out a plan for resting during the day.

The nurses who came today were obviously experts at heart problems and I'm confident they will keep an eye on me, the matron has changed my meds slightly and I'll be going to the best hospital for treatment soon.

I'll just have to hold fire with what I was hoping to do, it's not 'me' to laze about a lot...I need to be active in mind as well as body, it's OK I will have to put up with being a 'bed potato' for a while %)

No problem I've got my radio/CD upstairs...a Roberts 'Boombox' I think it's called! i like the Smooth Radio station...I'm a Hendrix aficanado really but I will leave those CD's in their cases for now.
don't want to disturb 'Mr roberts'...with anything too heavy {-)

Thanks for the post it's appreciated, off to read my copy of Model Boats November Issue, (I have a subscription so it's here earlier than in the shops) :-))

JB. Trying to cut down on smileys as well !
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 07:14:28 pm »

Interesting , recognise some of those packets, stuff given me for hiatus hernia. That Lansoprazole either gives you constipation or the squitters . I alternate between.

Hi Baldrick, i'm not suffering that problem fortunately...we are all different..
A list of my meds.
Lansoprazole
Clopidogrel
Pregabalin
Fursoemide
Bisoprolol
Eleprenone
Thiamine
Phenergran
Asprin
Glycceryl Trinitrate
Also have...
Hypromellose
Oliatum
Medihoney
Enough to be going on with i think  <:(
I can manage OK, have to...got a ship to build (Deans Cossack when i order one)  :-))

JB.

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 07:47:03 pm »

Hi JB.

Good Grief  man. I am only on two medications and I keep forgetting whether I have taken them or not.  Just want to express our best wishes and we are always anxious to hear of your progress . Keep your posts coming, we are thinking about you.

regards
 Balders

And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 08:05:46 pm »

Goodness gracious JB, I only have 7 types of tablets, a total of 13 per day.  Just the quantity you have sounds serious.

We will all be thinking of you.  Get well soon.  I am sure having something to look forward to building will be a very positive therapy.  Light exercise only:  Cutting thin styrene; charging batteries etc.  When you feel up to it after they have fixed you up, using light weight lifting straps to lower it into the water.  It is only 4.4kg.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 08:41:23 pm »

Thank you for your post's guys, you sound more worried than I am, I've already been through so many problems, back surgery last march was very easy...I have 7 pieces of Titanium in my spine...cost a small fortune the surgeon told me, 4 bolts - 2 -  rods a cage at the front and a piece of bone in the rotten disc, that bone graft should grow with the joints above and below...one piece after around 12 months...5 months in now, it all feels good, fingers crossed.

I called the heart nurse earlier today, had a few concerns, rang me back...gave advice and to call if I need any further advice/help.

She said I would receive an appointment with the consultant in a day or two, they are rushing me through I think, Blackpool Cardiac is only 10 miles away, I can manage until they send for me, wife is not overly worried...she's after my pension I reckon %% no only joking... she says calm and collected and did so when calling the ambulance...more than once! says I'm tough as old boots (clogs) and I'm as hard as nails...it could be true {-)

More meds arrived this afternoon...one is a double dose of what I have now 2.5mg increased to 5mg, the other is a new one, not completly sure what it is but helps to stop the heart failure problem, I think?! sent another oral spray too so I'll keep one upstairs and the other on my desk in front of this laptop...it still needs chucking in the bin, my son is going to sort that HP desktop I bought a while back...Windows 10....arrrrrgh...oh my gawd >>:-(

Should be a photo here...I love taking photo's got a thousand or 5 on various PC's and in storage...don't know what I have really. :}

Grateful thanks for your interest, I ain't going anywhere except here on the forum a few local lakes etc...etc....

JB.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 09:01:09 am »

All good this morning...so far...think I'll need to get another laptop...not an expensive one, I need to be mobile after surgery, these are my updated meds.

JB.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 10:28:49 am »

This is the contraption I use to transfer my photo's, yes it's a bit cumbersome but there are not enough USB sockets on a laptop...I know I could probably do it by a straight transfer from the camera but I'm set in my ways, I'm old school in the way that I work O0

JB.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 08:06:19 am »

The photo in reply 30 JB, those meds supplied by a hospital pharmacy? or a  hospital trained technician working at your local pharmacy?

Simple to tell, its the way the nhs trains its staff rather than the private sector - we cross out in biro what has been checked, the strengh, med type etc. You can tell who's done the check if its hospital issue as well. If the ink is purple its a technician, if its green its a pharmacist.

You can also tell if its a pre opened pack with tablets removed - look at the end with the expiry date and lot number, it will also have a pen mark on it. Why would they remove tablets? Well doctors used to write 1 month supply on prescriptions. Of course to cover 1 month depending on the month, you need to supply 31 tablets. However pack sizes from manufacturers come in 28's! So you need to open packs to give the missing 3 tablets!

Slowly doctors are being dragged into the 21st century and are beginning to understand the need to write 4 weeks or 28 days on prescriptions.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 03:16:33 pm »

Hi Brian, what's the weather like over there? Raining here...yes hospital pharmacy dispensed, can't remember when i was there but they kept me waiting quite a long time for the script to be filled.

Always wondered why they cut the pills up, I thought..huh...trying to save money again, I could save lots of cash for them  ...private cleaning firms for a start, 2 ladies came round with long sticks with feather dusters on the end, oooh nurse my pills, quick ! 45 minutes later 2 women appeard with clipboards...wiping their fingers on things...I nearly said ( in a loudish voice...oooohhh!!! Look at the muck in 'ere..

Drag GP's into the 21st century...? I know at least one that needs kicking off the damn planet...an that's being polite...forum decorum and all that ok2 :}

JB.
PS...all done on my samsung mob..from my bed.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 08:38:49 am »

Hi Brian, what's the weather like over there? Raining here...

Like a nice English autumn at the moment, weather has cooled drastically during the day maybe getting up to 24c maximum some days, but mostly cooler around 19/20c. Very chilly on a night time. Skys overcast and threatening ( I said like an english autumn :} ) but no rain. BUT if you check the spanish weather (maybe news headlines) along the coastline (Benidorm) is totally flooded and under a couple feet of water!

Here's a link to their facebook page, the video is from friday I think.....

https://www.facebook.com/NewsBenidorm/videos/1629591290404820/?hc_ref=ARRuIMnDmaCEWYV0vhESZFEtWBCywqw7IjYLiAoZgK9IykFG-5Whk-eQaDCRN36J9So

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 10:45:44 am »

Cloudy-chance of rain 40% 13c... here. Bit soggy in Barca! We dont get too much rain, tends to come in steady falls most of the time? Occasionally in short heavy bursts...the road junction 30 yards away does flood at times, not often, just realised I dont have any photo's...ha...must remember next time, cars come around the corner at around 30/40mph and make a decent wave...it's a 20mph limit through the village.!!!

How did I get onto rain...thought it was a heart thread? {-)

JB.  Still ticking.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 10:51:17 am »

Perhaps it's that song  'raining in my heart'   {-)

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 10:53:26 am »

Perhaps it's that song  'raining in my heart'   {-)

ken

Ha ha ha..good one Ken
...quick on the draw too...!

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 06:47:57 pm »

Just been skyping with my youngest son - I am not happy! He's a nurse and now after a couple years of accident & emergency and the immediate trauma ward he's had enough. So he's going to blow over a grand taking his category C and go and do ambulance technician/paramedic training.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

Surely it's up to him what he wants to do and good luck to him.

My Dad thought he had a right to determine my future but I rejected that.

My kids are adults and make their own choices and I will support them in that.

Colin

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 08:42:40 pm »

I am not happy! He's a nurse and now after a couple years of accident & emergency and the immediate trauma ward he's had enough.

Leave him be Brian! my son is 34, runs his own business, 3 drivers on the books, he don't listen to me and does his own thing...usually works out good and he's doing OK. You can't run someone else's life..I know it's tough sometimes but they will only do what they want...I did at his age.

I don't blame him for getting out. I've been in A&E a few times recently..it's chaos all the time..like a football match...really! don't want to go again >:-o

A few photo's...probably against the hospital rules but as you should know by now...I really don't give a damn <*<

Can anyone recognize these photo's? answers later if no one does.

1. computer?
2.chair?
3.kitchen sink?
4.chimney?

Enjoy..!

JB.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 08:45:42 pm »

I hope that last one isn't a crematorium chimney....

Colin

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 08:57:23 pm »

I hope that last one isn't a crematorium chimney....

Colin

Not exactly...it's where they burn rubbish after operations etc... O0

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 09:08:22 pm »

Same thing....  %)

Colin

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 09:10:57 pm »

I didn't like to say!
I saw all this being constructed ..i also delivered a few wage packets to the guys working on the site...saw James Hunt, the F1 drver opening the hospital.

Anyway...! I'm supposed to be concentrating on Deans Cossack...too easily distracted, decided on running gear..just got to get it past the wife..how much? It'll be the usual £300 she will say, yes dear...won't say just a 'bit' more..!

JB.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 09:48:47 pm »

Just been skyping with my youngest son - I am not happy! He's a nurse and now after a couple years of accident & emergency and the immediate trauma ward he's had enough. So he's going to blow over a grand taking his category C and go and do ambulance technician/paramedic training.

good on him for realising that the job isn't for him and wants to chose something different........my two daughters chose to, or have chosen their own path in life........one is in the merchant navy and the other wishes to become a police officer, and I would never attempt to talk them out of a chosen career as long as it's  not bludging or becoming a career drug dealer or anything else unlawful.
Gone are the days when we try to steer our kids into a profession that we ourselves did or wanted to do.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 06:30:24 am »

Well Brian, that's 3 of us that think your son should be left to do his own thing.

Big day here, bathroom is being re-built...it's old style...turning it into a wet room...? my son is going to do some work at the house...sheesh! old laptop changed for the new HP desktop- new printer cos i broke my old one -new router...if it all goes to plan it'll be a miracle, plus...garden is under attack from the ...gardener...! if you don't see me around for a while you will know why!!!

My Jag is parked in the street...no comment.

photo's..could be the last one's.

Hey Neil...hiya! What's Bludging...? If you don't mind me asking, i've not heard that one before..(sheltered life)  :}

JB.

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:35 pm »

I've got no problem with him doing his own thing - I just don't want to see him jumping out of (his perceived) frying pan and into what I know will be the fire!

After 10 years or so he could be in charge of a ward or even higher up the ladder if he put his mind to it. As a paramedic the career advances once qualified are virtually nil. I know he wants to be at the sharp end of patient care hence him working a&e and trauma wards, but to my mind becoming a paramedic is not the way to go. But as a couple of you have jumped to conclusions here, I said I'm not happy -  that doesn't mean I will interfere with his choice, except to point out what I have just said.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2017, 12:44:28 pm »

I think it was a reasonable assumption from the way you phrased it Brian.

Colin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.