Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hotmail  (Read 2720 times)

curly44

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
hotmail
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:24:20 pm »

Hi
    l was on hotmail, but l was having a lot of problems, so l took the computer in for repair, everything was fine but when l started to log into model boat mayhem no go. i tried everything but no go. So instead of being MLT44 l'm curly44. That is my story, so now l'm a Google man.  Regards Dave
Get to the other end of the pond

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: hotmail
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:38:08 pm »

For some reason Mayhem doesn't like Hotmail, or maybe it's the other way around. Whatever the case I had to change my Mayhem email from Hotmail to Gmail some time back.

Peter.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:27:52 am »

The problem lies with Hotmail as it is easily and often abused by spammers and the like.

I am surprised that Mayhem accepts so called free email address rather than legitimate ones ie your ISP for registration etc.

Because of increasing problems and time wasted with the so called free email providers, (also think about the photbucket problem as well), a lot of 'organisations' refuse to accept membership/registration using such an email address.

These days most ISP's will provide more than one email address which you can use for 'dubious" sites etc and I you experience problems block that email address.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

curly44

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »

Hi  Thank you for making it clear. So tomorrow it's down to the pond and have some fun, after that clean the car ready for the trip to Blackpool, hotels booked, secret cash in back pocket :-)) .Take swmbo for a meal on Friday night, then she goes shopping on Saturday happy, well that's the plan it's never worked in the past, but there's always hope.
         Regards Dave
Get to the other end of the pond

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »

The problem lies with Hotmail as it is easily and often abused by spammers and the like.

I am surprised that Mayhem accepts so called free email address rather than legitimate ones ie your ISP for registration etc.

These days most ISP's will provide more than one email address which you can use for 'dubious" sites etc and I you experience problems block that email address.

Not always the case. In fact Telefonica the largest ISP in Spain (think BT in the UK) and my own ISP which is Conecta Tres, do not supply anything other than your connection.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 05:43:33 pm »

In contrast I have had no problems with Hotmail. Now you get an outlook.com address. I was going to switch to Gmail, but then Google fell out with the Chinese government and all Google services are blocked in China. I can use a VPN to get around this, but it is only a matter of time before they too are effectively blocked. Ho hum.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 10:01:44 pm »

I use my Hotmail address for everything except Mayhem where I use a Gmail account. My Hotmail works perfectly everywhere except on Mayhem :((

Peter.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 10:09:04 pm »

I am with Hotmail. Have been for 8 years since my original provider went "boobs" up.  Generally no problems , with the exception of my energy supplier .   Many attempts by both of us but their emails to me never have been able to get through , they tried all ways to resolve the issue but in the end admitted defeat. They concluded the server the Hotmail end was zapping them as they arrived .
 No issues with other senders as far as I know. The junk mail and fishing scams seem to land at my inbox OK
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »

What delicate software the forum has, I did not type BOOBS
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 10:18:22 pm »

A 'Family safe'  Forum!   :police: ok2

( built in word censor )
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 10:41:35 pm »

A 'Family safe'  Forum!   :police: ok2

( built in word censor )

Many years ago a colleague & I were resolving issues with a hydraulic cylinder used on the cast house floor of Blast Furnaces

The function of the cylinder was to charge refractory clay into the Furnace tap hole after the tapping of the iron

The name of the cylinder was a Clay Gun Cylinder...so after 20 or so e-mails over as many days. the computer IT  :police: blocked the thread ........a call to the IT people confirmed that the use or the word Gun so many times was obviously a message containing inappropriate messaging .... {-)

Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.