Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OUCH!!!......THAT WILL HURT  (Read 2221 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
OUCH!!!......THAT WILL HURT
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:54:54 pm »

imagine you are driving down the road, and to your horror, and lack of attention, you knock a cyclist off his pedal bike. In the accident he breaks his elbow on one arm and his wrist on the other arm.

It's going to cost your insurance a few quid indeed for injuries sustained and loss of earnings if the young lad who looks as though he came straight out the dole office actually works. UMMMMM. Your insurance premium is definitely go up next year, even if you aren't charged and convicted of Driving without due care and attention or something worse.

However imagine further that when the poor scruffy lad turns out to be one of the top 100 celebrity earners in the world, with an estimated total earnings for 2017 are £37,000,000.00p, and because of the injuries he has had to cancel the second half of his world tour to Asia and Australasia......and the loss of earnings associated with that which your insurance company are going to have to pick up the tab for............what sort of premium are you going to have to pay next year. But what are your kids going to say when they find out that it was you that knocked the world famous Ed Sheeran off his pedal bike and responsible for his cancelled show especially when they find out that their tickets are now going to have to wait another year.

I'd hate to be that man.

Hope you get better soon Ed Sheeran.....you are magic in concert and I for one at 66 are a great fan.

Starspider

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: OUCH!!!......THAT WILL HURT
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »

Oooooppss glad it was not me  :embarrassed:
Strange but Jill and I are fans as well, will admit I am the wrong side of 65 but Jill is not. I am also a coward  <*<

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 03:33:36 pm »

Ed Who?

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 04:55:04 pm »

Ed Who?

listen to his music......you might enjoy it..........any lad of 26 who can earn that by playing a guitar and sing like an angel plus earn what he does deserves respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPRuToj1wvc

inertia

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 07:15:06 pm »

I imagine the insurance company will have a whip-round for the lad; he'll not go short.
There's very few like him in each generation. I've got Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Elvis Costello and Sting on my list as well as this young genius. It's a very high bar they set. Any other reasoned suggestions?*
Struggling with the 90's and 00's though. Damon Albarn, anyone? Generally too may dubious youths who thought that reciting violent, misogynistic doggerel while pointing at their trousers was "music". Hurts my ears.
I often wish PMK was still around. That guy understood music.
DM

*Please NOT Morrissey....

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:31:40 am »

George Ezra, Paulo Nutini and Jack Johnson come to mind.

But I'm a bit more upbeat, I like Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Foo Fighters, and Daft Punk (their Random Access Memories album is much less electronic than the rest of their music, and much more laid back).

You're right though, a lot of music these days is just disposable money-spinning trash.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 09:59:35 am »

I wonder if he was wearing Hi-viz clothing and the bike had working high intensity lights front and back.
If not he should have to cop at least 50% of the blame.  {:-{
Over here it is not compulsory to have Hi-Viz or lights and often riders wear black and then they wonder why drivers don't see them weaving through traffic.  >>:-(
I would also like Hi-viz to be compulsory for anyone walking or running on roads without pavements and we have plenty of them.  :police:
Gone are the days of "wear white at night"

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 11:39:47 am »

Paul Weller.
Liam Gallagher.

Far to many so called 'artists' out on the treadmill making their managers and record companies an obscene amount of money for want of a better word...garbage! You can see Simon Cowells eyes light up with pound signs as soon as a cheesy group comes on......use them for a year or two, then ditch them, they dissapear as they no longer have the multi million pound backing. Look how many bands from the 60's and 70's are still going, can't see that with the likes of little mix or (insert cheesy pop group name here!).

Not overly keen on the ginger lad myself, he has done some good songs and definately has a talent.
"Give me a ping Vasili. One ping only, please"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.