Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie from Orstraya  (Read 1335 times)

doonie

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Newbie from Orstraya
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:06:27 am »

G'day, doonie here. I live in South East Gippsland, Victoria. Do plenty of stuff including building model boats. I have a few on the go, mostly called UFOs or, unfinished objects. I got my building board out to renew acquaintanceship with an ongoing model and thought it looked good so I started another one. Is there a separate place in here where you do build logs or should I just start yapping away here? It's a Tug and I haven't built one before so I have a lot of questions. I found some free plans for a thing called the Klimek so it'll be a something that looks like the Klimek, but isn't.
Cheers,
doonie.

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Newbie from Orstraya
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:47:36 am »

UFO's, unfinished objects... {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) .  Oh. I'm stealing that!   O0  Welcome, by the way!
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:12:46 pm »

Hi Doonie

Welcome to the forum.
Nice waterways up your way.
Spotted a nice number of fishing boats in the area when I stayed over night in the area a few years ago.

Canabus

Hobart
Tasmania

doonie

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:03:37 pm »

Thanks for the replies. I found some builds on the Klimek in the working boat thread so I might start my own attempt in there. Mine is a little bigger so that may present it's own set of problems. I have a few other things on the go which stump me every now and again so I might share my hurdles with those boats in this thread.For example, and this is an opportunity for me to learn about attachments, hopefully you will see a pic of a 48 inch model of a Gentleman's racer based on a Torpedo boat hull but which I imagine is forty foot long and not eighty foot long. That makes it about a 1:10 scale I think. I have a couple of v12 Allisons down the back and it has a sound system in the hull. The thing that has stopped me is the shape of the lift off lid and how to get the sound out of the hull.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.