Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Tax  (Read 2328 times)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Car Tax
« on: November 16, 2017, 09:15:10 pm »

It has been revealed that since the paper tax disc was abolished, numbers of untaxed vehicles have gone cup by 300%. Getting rid of the paper disc was done in the understanding that it would show a £10 million annual saving. It turns out this has morphed into a £107 million loss in uncollected tax. Government of the people for the people by cretins.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Car Tax
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 10:01:19 pm »

Similar story here in many States in OZ.......no Registration Certificate applied to vehicles windows......it was to save $$$Millions  :o

One Parking Officer patrolling by walking the city streets would pass 2000 vehicles per day....any vehicle without a Certificate attached to the windscreen has the vehicle Rego Number photographed.....the flash card in the camera was uploaded to a computer each day & the computer issues the Fines

Current status is each Police vehicle has a dedicated camera on board and the camera linked to a computer that near instantly recognises Rego Numbers without their Registration Certificate paid up and alerts the Police Officer who stops the vehicle and issues a paper Fine

As if our Police don't have better things to do than raise revenue that was semi-automatically processed before

In NSW, the reported increase of unregistered vehicles  >>:-( is also up by ~~400%.......
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:32:17 am »

It has been revealed that since the paper tax disc was abolished, numbers of untaxed vehicles have gone cup by 300%. Getting rid of the paper disc was done in the understanding that it would show a £10 million annual saving. It turns out this has morphed into a £107 million loss in uncollected tax. Government of the people for the people by cretins.
With ANPR cameras all over the place , you wont get far without being pulled , instant access to the internet flags up MOT's /ROAD TAX / INSURANCE avoiders , AND our local friendly TRAFFIC WARDENS are  being equipped with personal state of the art mini ANPR camera's along with cameras to photo your heinous crime of being parked out of the bay ( also if you don't declare your disposal of any vehicle YOU will be liable for any transgressions on said vehicle " it wasn't me osiffer " won't cut it . . . .)
Bill

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:14 am »

Hi, I hear that half the speed cameras are turned off in the UK.  A better use for them might be to check on cars avoiding tax and insurance, you really can't avoid a camera, where as all the police cars I see seem to be hurtling by with lights flashing. 
Like M & W said you won't sell many ice creams at that speed, you also won't pick up recalcitrant drivers either.
The trouble is when have governments ever got anything right, no matter which party.  Most legislation just creates more loop holes.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 10:08:47 am »

I was in a local garage recently when a lady asked when her MOT was due. It was in 2 weeks LAST YEAR.
So no tax either and as she only did local runs no ANPR to "remind" her.
Obviously not a tax avoider but a tax forgetter, is this a more efficient way?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 10:57:02 am »

I was in a local garage recently when a lady asked when her MOT was due. It was in 2 weeks LAST YEAR.
So no tax either and as she only did local runs no ANPR to "remind" her.
Obviously not a tax avoider but a tax forgetter, is this a more efficient way?

Bob

It's strange , I always assumed that as your car was on the DVLA computer, if was not certified as laid up off the road, if no tax was logged you would get heavy letters from the HM mafia to come round and break your legs. A month ago our Gr Daughter changed cars and because the dealership fouled up changing over her personalised plate registration the new tax did not go through, the DVLA were soon all over her like a rash. Seems the system is patchy  in some areas.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 11:14:20 am »

Over here in Spain you go for your ITV (MOT) if it passes you get a tiny rectangular sticker for your windscreen. Road tax is paid every May -you don't pay it, the tax office takes it from your bank account automatically. This is whether the car is on or off the road, whether you still have it or have sold it! The only way to not pay it is not have the cash in the bank then it comes with an attached fine {:-{ Those with no bank account get a letter delivered, and again a fine if not paid within the stipulated time period.

If you sell a car you have to make sure a notary fills out all the correct paperwork and it is submitted to Traffico otherwise you will carry on paying tax on a car you don't own forever more <:(

Cornishman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 06:26:32 pm »

Surely,  with all the ANPR cameras appearing on our roads,  when a vehicle is picked up as having no tax, or no MOT, the computer could automatically issue a fine to the registered keeper. :(( Also if tax is not renewed when it runs out, and  if the vehicle has not been issued a SORN, likewise a fine would be issued. There is no excuse for using a vehicle without tax and, of course, no insurance, if it is not taxed.

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »

With ANPR camera's all over the place , you wont get far without being pulled , instant access to the internet flags up MOT's /ROAD TAX / INSURANCE avoiders , AND our local friendly TRAFFIC WARDEN'S are  being equipped with personal state of the art mini ANPR camera's along with camera's to photo your heinous crime of being parked out of the bay ( also if you dont declare your disposal of any vehicle YOU will be liable for any transgressions on said vehicle " it wasn't me osiffer " won't cut it . . . .)
Bill

You'd be surprised. I commuted to Manchester daily for 3 months whilst unbeknownst to me my car tax direct debit hadn't been renewed, untill I came back to find my car clamped. But you'd think anpr would have picked it up long before that.

Geoff

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 01:39:27 pm »

This doesn't surprise me at all. One of the advantages of the paper tax disc was that it acted as a reminder when the tax was due!

Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.