Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ModelBoatMayhemImages.co.uk - New Mayhem photo server.  (Read 13598 times)

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
Re: ModelBoatMayhemImages - New Mayhem photo service!
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2017, 11:52:19 pm »

"Give me a ping Vasili. One ping only, please"

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2017, 11:55:18 pm »

Think I have sussed it now.
No faffing around resizing, take a picture, drop it in new folder, copy and paste BB code, Bob's your uncle.
Thanks Martin, nice neat feature......... :-))

Stewart

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2017, 12:22:28 am »

What am I missing??????

1. How is this going to solve the problem of not being able to view photos posted to threads.
2. Is it any better than me posting a photo directly into the thread. Take it this will be some kind of "link" to somewhere.
3. When that link doesn't work, don't forget about Murphy, are we not back to square one.
4. As someone pointed out, the agreement mentions sexually explicit, yet admin will bounce you to the cops, contradiction Y/N??.
5. Can anyone, namely not necessarily a mayhem member, use this 'photo' bit.

Might be an idea to put it all under its own separate thread.
Lot of us novices out there so need to keep it simple.
Gunna build those other boats one day.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2017, 12:58:53 am »

Morning RAAArtyGunner...how's ya chooks coping with the heat up north...or is it raining?  :-)

The only difference I see is the latest images posted by black magic appear as 900 x 675 pixels on the MBM page, whereas the images I posted to RGY on his Tottny Castle this morning in the conventional method are 900 x 506 on the MBM page

Technology & I sometimes don't quite see eye to  <*< eye  {-)
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2017, 07:43:54 am »

Morning RAAArtyGunner...how's ya chooks coping with the heat up north...or is it raining?  :-)

The only difference I see is the latest images posted by black magic appear as 900 x 675 pixels on the MBM page, whereas the images I posted to RGY on his Tottny Castle this morning in the conventional method are 900 x 506 on the MBM page

Technology & I sometimes don't quite see eye to  <*< eye  {-)

And the image that I posted yesterday by the old direct method was 1750 x 1453 and under 200kb. Photos posted by the new method seem very small - or at least they do on my HD screen. Even if I left mouse click on them they don't fill the screen.

Jerry C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2017, 08:41:24 am »

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2017, 10:20:06 am »

Mahogany in all it's beauty

Is the add image to post using new system a process of 2 steps - "Green" button to upload image and then find the "Embed Code" and paste it into post?

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2017, 10:36:51 am »

It looks that way, simple once got the hang of it..... :-))

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2017, 12:33:17 pm »

Hope this works

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2017, 04:58:55 pm »

Hopefully this text may be of use to others.

I was confused that I did not seem to be having the same experience with Martin's new Image Upload solution - namely a One Click process - being image upload and auto insert embed code (image URL)

I can confirm that the "ONE CLICK" does work - it works really well!

I had uBlock Ad Blocker running that whilst allowing the image upload was stopping the auto placement of the embed code in my post.

So if you are not getting a "one click" solution then look for Anti Virus/ Ad Blocker/ Malware or other settings that are blocking the process

Phew

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2017, 06:43:11 pm »

My Samsung Tablet would not 'lift' the copy command from the embed BB code box which resulted in no details to paste into the reply box!
Took a while to track that down.
My PC does it with no problem.
Nord.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:49 pm »

Ah OK, watch out for Popup blockers!  {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

RST

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:19 pm »

I know for me I'm relatively new and thanks to Microsoft re-sizing photos easily ended at win 7.  I get a "message upload" fail on here -I loose the original post text also though.  Guess I need to find an alternative image host.

I get lots of blockers on this site compared to others though  Lots of pop-up boxes with mayhem logos!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:55 pm »

You shouldn't get ANYTHING Blocked, It's All on the same server!?!?!!

Anyway, you don't need to resize or anything, that's what this service is for!  :-))

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2017, 10:15:59 pm »

OK, I still don't get it.  I keep clicking on Martin's new button but nothing happens.  Is it supposed to prompt you for an image to upload?  Well, it doesn't.  Maybe you have to log on to the parallel image hosting site first?  If so, where is it?

Until it works I will continue sizing my pictures in Paint Shop Pro and uploading to SmugMug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right:  Read back through to beginning of thread and found the web address of the new hosting site.
Tried logging in - Invalid user name or password
Tried creating a "new" account with the same details as I use for Mayhem.  "Invalid user name", repeatedly.

Suggestions?
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »

seems to work fine for me, took a bit of messing about to find the right link code to use to bring the images across but now I know where I am it has made it really easy to snap it with the phone camera , email it to my PC adjust the crop and bang it into a post and the site adjusts the size to suit . Only takes two minutes where previously I was faffing about all evening. Must get down to reading what all the other codes are for. !
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:02 pm »

Tried creating a "new" account with the same details as I use for Mayhem.  "Invalid user name", repeatedly.

Suggestions?

Bob - Alphanumeric and underscore only - no spaces

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2017, 07:52:09 am »

Bob - Alphanumeric and underscore only - no spaces

That is my point exactly.  For this to work seamlessly you must use the same log in and password as on Mayhem, which is what I was trying to do.  No idea what confusion may occur if I use a completely different set of account details for the new photo site.  Many of us have Mayhem screen names with spaces.  Martin -  suggestions please.  :police:
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2017, 08:11:38 am »

Go into your new mayhem image hosting account and double check youf details. I found i had put wrong Email address in, changed to correct Email, saved changes, you should get a message to say Email sent for varification. Go to your Email account (check spam/unwanted folder) and click on link to activate.

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:43 am »

That is my point exactly.  For this to work seamlessly you must use the same log in and password as on Mayhem, which is what I was trying to do.  No idea what confusion may occur if I use a completely different set of account details for the new photo site.  Many of us have Mayhem screen names with spaces.  Martin -  suggestions please.  :police:

Hi Bob - Make an account with the user name Bob_K on this website http://modelboatmayhemimages.co.uk.  Make sure that your PC remembers this site so that you can log on automatically next time.  I think that this should work for you then as I made my account Mark_T and its works ok for me.

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:32 am »

test

No.  After creating a new log in of Bob_K and uploading a couple of images to it the new button still does not work.
This test ended up doing the full "attachments" search and attach, the same as before the new a/c  hosting was set up.
I don't think this is interacting with Martin's new photo album at all as I had to select the attachment from my PC disk, and not the new photo library which I had added several images to.

Still baffled.  New image host still not accessible from within a Mayhem post.
Maybe because Bob K  and Bob_K are seen as different users?

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:14 am »

Bob, are you copying and pasting the BB code for the image you want uploading from "mayhemimages" into the reply box on mayhem?

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2017, 09:42:33 am »

No.  I am selecting "attachments", "browse", then selecting the image from my PC disk drive.  The same as before the new image site.  As usual, the image only appears after you click "Post".  No interaction with the new image hosting site at all, nothing happens when I click Martin's new image button.  I would have thought clicking that button would have taken me to the new image site so I could select an uploaded image from it for my Post.

Probably because I have a screen name of "Bob K" on Mayhem, but "Bob_K" on the image site is seen as a different person?  The image site will not accept "Bob K" as a valid user name.

Nordlys

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2017, 09:48:32 am »

If I may add my observation Bob - your image does appear on Martins new image hosting site alongwith your name. It is there waiting to be uploaded
when required.
N

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2017, 09:52:44 am »

I have joined Martins photo service & tried to upload an image. Unfortunately it will not accept an image greater than 1Mb which means that I still have to do all the resizing etc that I did before. Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.