Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2148 times)

manofkent

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:43:07 pm »

Hello all,  I am new to the forum, but not entirely new to model boat building, having taken it up again after retiring from a lifetimes works as an engineer.  A while ago I inherited an part finished Slipway models 1/16 Trent Lifeboat.  A lady's husband had passed away and she wanted it finished and found a 'Good Home'  Well finish I did and it is now on display at the Alderney Lifeboat station.
I have more recently completed the Slipway Model Wyeforce tug which performs very well.  I am a member of the Warminster Model Boat Club and we have a wide selection of craft that are brought to our Sunday morning sailings.  For my next project I am contemplating the Mantua Bruma.  I see there were many post about this some while ago, but any fresh comments about this model would be appreciated. Have attached some pics of the models mentioned.
If I can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Del Boy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem really helps me out!
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 05:25:59 pm »

Hi Man of Kent, cracking 'name' by the way! Welcome to Mayhem from another Newbie but judging from your models I think you are being modest, they look great. The guys on here have been super helpful to me getting started, everything from prop alignments, radios and more recently soldering so hope over time the same will happen for you! Cheers Derek  :-))

Starspider

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:26:07 pm »

Welcome nice models hope you do a build log of your next build  :-))

Colin

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »

Hi Man of Kent, You are a member of a fine club. I would love to get up to your lake more often than the one time in 2015 when Andy had taken the reins of organisation on but seem to keep double booking  :((

Those models are first rate and deserve to be in hallowed places such as our RNLI stations. I like the tug very much and look forward to seeing future projects  :-))
Pond weed is your enemy

manofkent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 04:26:34 pm »

Thank you chaps for your welcome and comments.  I will certainly give the build blog idea some thought (when I get started).
The lake we use in Warminster is certainly large but we cannot use IC powered craft and for yachts, a max keel depth of 10".
The club has come on very well in the last 2 yrs or so with the work of Andy, John & Richard.  From around 6 active members we are now at 25 fully paid up, which at times means the water gets a bit crowded, but in a good way. %%

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 06:09:45 pm »

Hi, a couple of first class models there, the wife and I had a walk round your lake in September when we were staying with my brother in-law who lives in Corsley, though there were no one sailing that day I said to the wife what a great sailing venue it was.

Joe

JayDee

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the VERY Best !
    • JOHN DOWD
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:10:32 pm »

Hello,

I have seen that Lake a few times - - very nice !.
Are you sure it is only 10 inches deep ???.

John.

My Projects, Photos and Videos
http://www.john-dowd.

manofkent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 04:13:04 pm »

It is not the deepest of lakes, however the town council have stated that because there are fresh water mussels growing there, they are restricting keel depth to avoid any harm coming to them when water level is on the low side.   {:-{
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.