The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Pleasure boats, Sports, Race, Power and Leisure Boats:

AM receivers and brushless BECs

<< < (2/2)

chas:
I've used a truly ancient 27 MHz futuba set and  modern 2.4 gig sets with viper and and cheapy chino ESC s. No problems with either. The set up procedure sorts itself out for whatever they are connected to. Re a tx having no servo reverse, I just swapped round the brushed motor leads,  much easier than changing the pot connections. Brushless motors may be different, I haven't used them yet.
Chas

JimG:
The servo reverse is for the initial programming of the end points on a brushless ESC. The Tx needs to be at full forward throttle when the ESC is powered up to learn the maximum power setting.If the Tx has the throttle reversed compared to the standard the ESC sees this as either full reverse or stopped and won't start the setup. Futaba is known as having their throttles reversed compared to other makes. Reversing motor direction is done either by programming the ESC or swapping two of the motor leads over.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version