Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BRUSHLESS Vs ELECTRIC MAINS DRILL  (Read 5164 times)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: BRUSHLESS Vs ELECTRIC MAINS DRILL
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 02:18:08 pm »

your link won't work tony

cheers neil.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer

Stavros

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 03:24:15 pm »

Sounds easier than trying to fit an electric drill into the thing. The bait boat fraternity swear by these Rule pumps, so they must have cracked the sealing aspect. As for me well, I'd get a great big skelly-gun and a cartridge of silicon bath-sealant.........
Where's Stavros when you need him?
DM

I am here and have sorted Neil out with some pumps to buy and he can use some Buller motors on their derrier so to speak as the Bullers he has got rev to around 3k which is what he needs as the all the pumps which work with an electric drill have a max rpm of 3k and they actually give a water pressure at max rpm of 3bar with an outlet of 3/8 of an inch .. Having just spoken to Neil on the old dog and bone he is a happy chappie

Dave

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »

thanks barrie...........sadly looking on the output they are about .25% of what I need, but Stavros has found some for me which will be perfect at 3000lph to give the boat a chance of moving.

thanks for all your help guys, and as for pumps think I'm set up........one pump per jet each driven by a Torpedo 800 and mixers from Dave [ inertia] I reckon I......................or you all, have got it sorted for me.

many thanks to every one who has offered, searched and given me advice........much appreciated.

Thought I had 4 buhlers to power the pumps....sadly only got three so will opt for the 800's

cheers all.
neil.

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 10:07:17 am »

Neil,

Saw this and thought of you...

Not sure I picked up on the correct thread and you have no doubt moved on from the original enquiry - but an impressive bit of kit!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUk_huw7iSI

C-3PO

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.