Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marbles and mojo.......lost again  (Read 6282 times)

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Marbles and mojo.......lost again
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 10:04:29 pm »

For me when I get moribund and unable to face working on the model I just think about what tasks lay ahead and systematically put all the bits and the sequence together in my head and play around with alternatives. After a while this cerebral phase brings me to a point where I run out of options and my mind says "STOP PONCING ABOUT AND GET ON WITH IT", so I do.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 10:09:01 pm »

Does this mean you follow a Cunning plan ????
Tugs are for pulling

Stavros

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 10:12:05 pm »

Does this mean you follow a Cunning plan ????

Definatly but which one  ;) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Dave

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:02 pm »

well mwent to the docs today about some rel;ated stuff, ie always feeling tired, headaches, thirsty etc. done a quick blood sugar test...........and turns out im type 2 diabetic (still to be confirmed with some retro 3 month blood test). I was warned some 2 years ago that I was pre type 2 diabetic but im now in the club so to say!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 11:15:29 pm »

Hey Klunk, welcome to the club, keep taking the tablets, worst part was giving up sugar in my brews, you get used to it though

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 11:44:29 pm »

Lol. Might as well give up the brew!
full time penguin

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 12:08:25 pm »

well mwent to the docs today about some rel;ated stuff, ie always feeling tired, headaches, thirsty etc. done a quick blood sugar test...........and turns out im type 2 diabetic (still to be confirmed with some retro 3 month blood test). I was warned some 2 years ago that I was pre type 2 diabetic but im now in the club so to say!

Welcome to the Type 2 Club Pete.  I have been a member for about eight years.  The 3 month HbA1c blood test is the best longer term average indicator.  The diet is pretty boring, but if they say more exercise then build and sail more boats !
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 01:09:22 pm »

Will find out friday results. Got a bet with the nurse. She says 48 i say 53. A lot riding on this.......she wins a bar if chocolate. I get nothing!
full time penguin

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 01:11:25 pm »

Took my glucose test in one of them needle things today 2 hrs after my main meal (i work night's so im back to front) my aim is single digits preferably 5 to 7. Im reading 24.6!
full time penguin

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 01:19:42 pm »

Finding out that you have a chronic condition is bound to knock your mood for six. But each time you see a little improvement take heart. Remember little by little, day by day.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 01:33:15 pm »

Will find out friday results. Got a bet with the nurse. She says 48 i say 53. A lot riding on this.......she wins a bar if chocolate. I get nothing!

Between 48 & 58 is a good range to aim for, but a 24.6 blood reading is way too high. 
They've just put me on yet another new tablet, supposed to get the kidneys to extract more sugar from the blood, but you do pass water twice as often.  A sweetner in coffee instead of sugar helps a lot, and quickly you get used to it and don't miss the spoonfuls.  My biggest bane is they've cut my cheese to almost nothing   {:-{
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 03:27:10 pm »

I had type two when I went into hospital earlier this year but things went wrong I was unable to eat a great deal for weeks on end; the result was that I lost four stone+ and my levels dropped so much I am now stabilised and I'm off all medication, for diabetes anyway. I have to watch my weight of course and do my best to say off sugary things, this does not stop at cakes, puddings etc., but also includes certain fruits, grapes being one. According to my sister, a recently retired practice nurse, this is the secret; your weight, as well as diet plus family history, has a great deal to do with whether you will develop the condition or not.

So back to the subject. I fully understand the loss of ones "mojo" and to some extent I'm suffering from the problem at present as well. So how to get over it. My way is to try and do something else which, in my case, means cleaning the body of my TR6 in preparation for welding and paint work to resume in the spring or failing that, scanning my many (thousands of) negative's and transparencies on to the PC. I appreciate that probably very few have the facilities, or the will, to do this kind of thing; but my point is that you should always make an effort to do something else, even it if that is just a walk or going out for a coffee, even on a grim day such as this and your own, you never know you may well meet someone else and make new friends, find a new hobby which will help you get over problems in the workshop.  End of sermon.

LB

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:54 pm »

That's a nice model.
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.