Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Printed Trawler  (Read 9076 times)

RST

Re: 3D Printed Trawler
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »

I was in Peterhead today (actually visiting Denholm Seafoods and Macduff Shellfish in Mintlaw).  Never seen Peterhead harbour so full of fishing boats (and PSV's)!  We passed through Macduff and the harbour there was chock-a-block also.  We are based in Inverness but some clients are Peterhead wayso I go that route often enough but not as much as when I was offshore.  Shame it was a business trip -no time for photos but if you imagined a type or size of fishing boat no doubt we saw it.  I know the season is up for some boats at the moment plus there's some mental civil works for the fishing industry in Peterhead.  There's allot of boats up on slips also at the moment also so interesting to see hullforms below the WL.

RST

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 10:02:19 pm »

PS:  Davie Tait -not the Dive Tech I used to work with on the Osprey are you? (I'm guessing not)

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 03:04:04 pm »

Never worked in the offshore game RST fisherman then fishery scientist was my lot before a bad back injury put me in permanent refit/drydock since 1999.....
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Kim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 11:56:39 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys....

This is just for myself at the moment, I've had some interest from a few folk wanting to buy the hulls, however if i was to sell them I'm not sure people would pay the price I'd ask. to be completely honest printing them is fairly straight forward, however the time if you take to print one hull would be around 60-70hrs, then assembly and some light finishing work. I would be asking around £250 GBP for this hull at 1.10m (1/72nd scale)

The good thing here is all you'd then do is take the hull out the box and start building, all the prep work is done upon delivery. The main reason I started this project is simply because I hate working with fibreglass, the mess drives the wife nuts and I hate the dust.

Guys I'd appreciate the feedback on this topic......

Martin

Hi Martin,
You have done well!
Not sure what type of printer your using to arrive at the £60/70hrs, 2.5mm thick, using fusion 360 in a commercial project, or the £250 price tag...

but i'm going to be brave and guess its fdm ? am i right?

I know a guy that could do the glass work for a more profitable amount lol
All the best.
Regards,
Kim
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.