Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction with new build-Aquacraft Atlantic II tug  (Read 4511 times)

jeff351

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Introduction with new build-Aquacraft Atlantic II tug
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 04:07:38 AM »

update long time coming...I am still working on the superstructure but today I finally put in the water. Still needs a little ballast but it runs great. And I got to use it as a tug also. My Aquacraft Lucas Oil catamaran flipped over, so a family friend tried pushing it, and he somehow dry-docked his boat on top of mine.

sending my tug out to the rescue. Towing a string with some wire hooks I made glued to some ping-pong balls. Plan is to loop around the stranded vessel to hook it, and tow it home.

and it worked! No problem towing it in, the new motor and prop combo is more than enough power for this load.

Having a retrieval vessel makes a huge difference when going to the lake. Now I dont have to worry about getting a boat stranded away from shore, in fact now I look forward to it  :-))

jeff351

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 04:19:12 AM »

-

ivorthediver

• Shipmate
  • What ever floats your boat
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »

Been watching the build with interest , as we seem to be from the same mind set as I buy a hull convert it and then the rest is scratch built , very satisfying if a tad long to build , but thats not a bad thing eh .....good luck and keep us posted over here please .

Regards Ivor .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up