Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which CAD Programme?  (Read 6927 times)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: Which CAD Programme?
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:59 pm »

Brian, have another count! There might not be 40 but it's getting on that way, certainly more than 18! They are pretty close together.

Edit: never mind, Grendel has sorted it whilst I was posting! 
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 10:04:00 am »

Absolutely brilliant Grendel, I just need to get mine to look the same, maybe in another couple of years of trying {-)

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 12:03:58 pm »

the real trick with 3d is to convert your object in your mind into simple building blocks, the hatch cover on the side is just an elliptic cylinder on its side intersecting with the original cylinder, the flanges- very short cylinders- the bolts hexagonal blocks, then merge all the parts together into one solid lump, if I want a smooth transition between parts I fillet the intersection to give me a radiused 'weld'.
I tend to work in the original units at 1:1, then I can scale the whole thing when finished to any scale I want (scale a copy and you still have the original to scale differently).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.