Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trawlerphotos website  (Read 1670 times)

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Trawlerphotos website
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:52:38 pm »

Got some bad news about the main Trawlerphotos website guys , the server got hacked last night and they put BitCoin "mining" virus's onto it. BIG problem as its corrupted the database and it looks like we may have lost everything ( site was backed up several times a day and the virus' are probably on the backup server as well... ) which means 12 years of posts , 160,000+ photos could well be gone.
 If we have lost everything then we will start a new site ASAP and try and rebuild what we had which won't be easy.
 We're hoping that we have a back up on a separate drive that we can extract the member list and their photos to add into new software but we won't know until later in the week when the software guys in Denmark have repaired the server and had a look , we will have to move to new software now as that's twice in 5 years this has happened and we can't go on like this ( had some other unrelated problems recently as well with the site software so as good a time as any to make a change )
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Trawlerphotos website
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 10:10:00 pm »

Incredible!    >:-o

What did your host have to say for themselves?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:07:16 pm »

that's a terrible and atroscious thing to have done to a great site, Davey, and I am so sorry and saddened by it..........wondered why my mcafee kept blocking me from going any.further today than just trying to log in on my favourites.

and what a great site for all things trawler and fishing vessels that has been lost.......scumbags.

please keep us updated on the situation.

thanks Davie, and good luck to all of you at Trawlerphotos.

neil.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:31:11 pm »

great to hear Davie.........good luck and best wishes to you all. :-)) O0

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Trawlerphotos website - update
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »

Trawlerphotos...is BACK
The guys found a clean back up , reformatted the server and we are back up online ( still getting the stupid warning from google though... ) , we haven't lost anything by the looks of it thankfully. Looking at moving to a new server with new software as well so all the reference photos you need are still there !!!!!
We dodged a bullet this time but we are determined NOT to let this happen again , I was wrong on the amount of photos as well ... NOT 160,000 but 173,483 yikes and to think back when it started as Trawlermodels we thought 5000 photos would be massive....
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 05:46:59 pm »

Time to do another full backup of Mayhem methinks!   18Gb!  {:-{

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »

aye I can't access the admin panel on Trawlerphotos but we must be at least that size in Gb.... glad I'm not having to try and program for it that's for sure ( waaaaay over my head lol )
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 06:52:09 pm »

I feel your pain Davie, but I'm glad its turned out ok. Its a great site and I've used it several times researching Hull trawlers for snippets of info.

Just make sure that it is ok and when you move to a new servo it has all the belts and braces in place.

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 07:10:40 pm »

Belt braces string glue welded !!!!!
Davie Tait,
Scotland
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.