Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad state of our society  (Read 6701 times)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: Sad state of our society
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 11:56:13 am »

Ps most people dont get to see their DBS. They get a certificate saying they have an enhanced one. Also the shool had access to a Database to check if there were any problems after the start date.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 11:59:09 am »

I have an enhanced DBS and believe me there is a lot of stuff on it.
Enhanced does just do convictions. If you have ever had dealings with the police in any official capacity it is on there. Im 50 and was surprised when i read mine about a raped i was witness to when i was 13!

yeah, but it was meant to send an alert to the organisation should you do anything wrong....
it has not done so, in cases I have been privy to there has been Racial Assault, serious assault conviction but these were not notified
yet a traffic conviction for speeding was...

the idea behind the system is good but not being properly utilised at the top in my opinion

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 01:10:44 pm »

I volunteered a few years with Age Concern to teach  Computing to the aged.That required a  CRB check and I was often older than the learners.As for what the Powers know about you I came out the army '68  made some enquiries a couple of years later  in the National front till a bunch of hells angels came round to encourage me to join I didn't But 8 years later when I went for my interview to become a special constable   I got a We see you were once interested in the national front?  no computor records then

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »

Our club has no problem with junior members.

Our Safeguarding policy document is issued to all new members and to every member when they renew annually....

Child and vulnerable adult protection policy.

Colwyn Bay Model Boat Club does not permit any junior member to attend the lake unless accompanied by their parent,guardian or responsible adult, or if other arrangements have been agreed with another adult, then a letter of permission must be lodged with the Secretary, who will report this to the committee for their approval. This arrangement is deemed a private childcare agreement and is therefore not the responsibility of Colwyn Bay Model Boat Club, or its officers. This also relates to any vulnerable adult.

No CBMBC member is allowed to approach any child, or vulnerable adult, without either the presence of or express permission of that child’s or vulnerable adult’s parent, guardian or responsible adult.

No photograph of any person under the age of 18, or vulnerable adult, may be taken without the permission of the parent,guardian or responsible adult, although general photographs that incidentally include such persons are permitted.

Any CBMBC member accused of inappropriate behaviour with a child or vulnerable adult will be immediately suspended from the club, the details referred to the relevant authority and that member will not be readmitted until said  authority has investigated the matter. In the event of a conviction, the said member will be expelled from the club. Inappropriate behaviour is classified as:-

1)Physical harm of any kind.
2)Threatening behaviour.
3)Bullying.
4)Any form of discrimination due to Race, Cultural differences, Gender, Disability or sexuality.

The CBMBC Secretary is the Designated Person to whom any complaint should be directed.

Is your new pond exclusive to the club or is it a public pond ?.

Steve Dean

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 03:03:14 pm »

A warning to KLUNK ......... just over a year ago an individual wearing a penguin costume crept up behind me whilst I was doing the commentary at a well known exhibition. Traumatized to the core, I have nightmares and am now terrified of anything that is black & white!
As I'm a sensitive young thing I feel there is a case to answer. My legal team will be in touch!

However, if you let me sit on your knee and play with your woggle ....... then all is forgiven.

Happy Christmas Klunk.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 04:11:07 pm »

Please not the woggle fetish , I am trying therapy to put it all behind me.
Roy

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 06:25:12 pm »

Is your new pond exclusive to the club or is it a public pond ?.

It is a public pond and as such is open to all.

You do need to be aware there is no access to one side of the lake, so if your model ends up stuck there you will need to be able to rescue it.

Come along on a Sunday morning as my guest and you can have access to all our facilities, including lots of free tea and coffee.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »

It is a public pond and as such is open to all.

You do need to be aware there is no access to one side of the lake, so if your model ends up stuck there you will need to be able to rescue it.

Come along on a Sunday morning as my guest and you can have access to all our facilities, including lots of free tea and coffee.

Thanks, if in the area I certainly will, but my query is with this..

Colwyn Bay Model Boat Club does not permit any junior member to attend the lake unless accompanied by their parent,guardian or responsible adult, or if other arrangements have been agreed with another adult, then a letter of permission must be lodged with the Secretary, who will report this to the committee for their approval. This arrangement is deemed a private childcare agreement and is therefore not the responsibility of Colwyn Bay Model Boat Club, or its officers. This also relates to any vulnerable adult.

How can you inforce this rule as a public pond ?.

###

Are you likely to have your Event in 2018 ?.

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »

A warning to KLUNK ......... just over a year ago an individual wearing a penguin costume crept up behind me whilst I was doing the commentary at a well known exhibition. Traumatized to the core, I have nightmares and am now terrified of anything that is black & white!
As I'm a sensitive young thing I feel there is a case to answer. My legal team will be in touch!

However, if you let me sit on your knee and play with your woggle ....... then all is forgiven.

Happy Christmas Klunk.

Come to Deans Marine open weekend on 2018 Steve. Im game with the Deans Queens next year.  Ps it involves dressing up on Saturday night! And I will be camping again and you Nick ( raflaunches) has promised to stay over as well!
full time penguin

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 09:01:30 pm »

What we have lost over the last few decades is an understanding of common sense.

Colin

It just goes to show that common sense is not very common these days :o

Peter.

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 10:23:09 am »

As far as I am aware you do not need a DBS check unless you have regular and repeated contact with the kids.

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 11:18:06 pm »

Thanks, if in the area I certainly will, but my query is with this..

How can you inforce this rule as a public pond ?.

###

Are you likely to have your Event in 2018 ?.

These rules are for our members attending the "club", members of the public using the same space are beyond our remit and responsibility.  It is one part of our H&S statement, which also forbids members from entering the water.  Youths jump in quite often in summer and the management of that is a council responsibility.

###

Negotiations for an Events Licence is still ongoing and shows no sign of being signed off in 2018.

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 12:25:12 am »

Happy Christmas Klunk.

no woggle touching!

and a happy new year
full time penguin

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 03:31:22 am »

I have been interested to read the comments on the topic of working with children as it applies in the UK. I looked up the subject as it applies here in NSW and discovered the following - It is known as the Working With Children Check, and if you are a volunteer it's free. The check includes any workplace misdemeanours as well as any criminal history and, once issued, the clearance is good for 5 years, but is constantly monitored for possible infringements. I was interested to find that if you are a parent or close relative of a member of a sporting team and are coaching that team, the check is not required. Similarly, referees, linespersons etc do not need a check. However, as the check is free, if I was involved in an organisation which included contact with children, I would apply for the check, it would be better to be safe than sorry.

When I was involved with a local football club, both as a player and junior coach, such checks were unheard of - how times have changed.

Peter.

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 05:00:59 am »

Following the recent abuse enquiry ALL our Op-Shop (Charity Shop) and Church volunteers are required to have both  "Working with Children" and "Police" checks whether they are likely to come in contact with children or vulnerable people or not.
Just to be on the safe side!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.