Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brick wall/ Head interface.  (Read 1402 times)

Brian60

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Hull,UK-but currently residing in Los Martinez, Spain.
Brick wall/ Head interface.
« on: December 21, 2017, 10:54:36 am »

Hello wall, meet my head repeatedly >>:-( >>:-(

I have just wasted the complete morning. I designed a simple circuit board to hold a couple of integrated circuits, (Darlington drivers) and some screw terminals. Printed it off and then using acetone transferred it from the paper backing to the blank of copper pcb. Four attempts later I had a good facsimile on the pcb, so mix up the ferric chloride granules and drop the pcb in to dissolve the bits I don't need.

Funnily you normally see the reaction immediately, but it was slow so it may be the cold weather. Ten minutes later nothing, nada not even a tickle of it dissolving. I pick up the container of Ferric Chloride to make sure I have the correct dilution and BANG! right between the eyes. It's not ferric chloride it is developer for Maplin pcb ultra violet ink  >:-o >:-o Absolutely no good to me at all.

Ferric Chloride is not available in Spain so I either wait until after the 6th of January to order it online or I'll have to use veroboard, hmmmm O0

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Brick wall/ Head interface.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:20:00 am »

Hence the phrase
Acid Test 8)
Vero board will do nicely :-))
Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Brick wall/ Head interface.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 12:48:52 pm »

.............and here was me thinking it was going to be a story about mirror images, always a top hazard with home made PCB etching.
In times of desperation, with a small board, I have resorted to running round the etch resist with an engraving tool.  Not vastly different to using stripboard, really.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.