Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aeronaut Ramborator Springer Tug.  (Read 2511 times)

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
Aeronaut Ramborator Springer Tug.
« on: December 24, 2017, 01:00:30 am »

I am just getting back into modelling after a break of a number of years. I am looking at starting of with the Aeronaut Ramborator Springer Tug (and probably the Ramboline dumb barge) as a confidence booster before moving onto one of the Model Slipway kits.

I am looking for some feedback on how good / bad the kits are (Never built a Aeronaut kit before) and any advice / suggestions about the build.

There is currently no official ok2 local model boat club (120 Miles north to Wick for the Pentland Club or 110 Miles east to Aberdeen) I will not have a club to fall back on so any advice would be appreciated

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
Re: Aeronaut Ramborator Springer Tug.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:41:00 am »

SJG, you will have started an avalanche of advice, there is a huge following of Springer tugs on Mayhem, surprised i am the first reply. Type into the search box for Springer Tugs, there must be thousands of entries.
Just as a point, the Aeronaut kit is very good, quick to build and fun to sail, with or without the barge, 600 motor and a 12v SLA battery, runs almost forever.  Just make sure that all the ply etc is well sealed from the water, epoxy and glass cloth for a very strong finish, epoxy the internal's as well.
In short, quick build, strong first boat, most of all FUN!!!!

Mark 
Tugs are for pulling

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:46:28 pm »

As Jarvo suggested,have a look through the Springer Section here on Mayhem.  Don't forget the above deck can be what you like more tug=like than a "truckable".  Cheat if you want by using broken toys, digger cab, bulldozer engines etc soon to be a lot around !!!   Definitely at least one barge.  Sorry I dont know anything about the German kit.
..well can you land on this?

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »

How about a "local"  Cromarty ferry or a West Coast puffer theme ?  Military even submarine style .
..well can you land on this?

SJG001

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 09:10:43 pm »

How about a "local"  Cromarty ferry or a West Coast puffer theme ?  Military even submarine style .

At the moment I am trying to keep things simple so it will be a bit of a vanilla build. Never been on the Cromarty Ferry - but been on most of the others in the Highlands.

Have a list of models I would like to build and a puffer is on the list.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.