Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/200 AHST granit (3D printed)  (Read 1743 times)

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
  • time to sail the world and the 7 sea's
1/200 AHST granit (3D printed)
« on: December 25, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »

merry Christmas everyone..

soo its Christmas and ive been extreamly good this year, so santa, brought me a 1/200 AHST granit made by shapeways.

the kit itself is 3D printed, and measures 32cm long and 7.2 wide..
the kit can be brought in 4 stages, 1) hull £110 2) superstructure £57 3) detail fittings part 1 £20 4) detail fittings part 2 £17..

ive already purchesed most parts to complete the build, however im still waiting to get hold of the m2 prop shafts, props, and a set of geared wheels that need to be used to operate the bow thruster.

some progress has been done. however it is minimal,

happy boating :D

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/200 AHST granit (3D printed)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:01:20 pm »

so the model itself will run off 4AA batteries, powering 2x N20 motors and an N700 motor for the bow thruster.
i started off adding model filler to the hull, letting it dry and then sanding it back, around 3 times as what is recommended.

once id done that, took the rudders and drilled a small 1mm hole in the top, and glued a 1mm brass rod to the inside, i cant attach the rudders yet as im still waiting for props and prop shafts..

once sanded back all 3 layers of filler, i then wiped down the hull, and added some paint, more so out of curiosity, as to see weather i needed to look for some more paint to get the orange colour i want for the main hull, 

Dan2010

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/200 AHST granit (3D printed)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 10:02:32 pm »

lastly for now, some picture with the other 3D boat im making, the osaka coaster
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.