Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wife and model Ship building  (Read 4277 times)

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Wife and model Ship building
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:15:23 pm »

Hello to everyone.
Let me ask something that it can be of public interest, if a model ship need a lot of loving and care work, what about with the time that mean love and care to the Wife, when I get back from the Hospital, sad and tire, >:( mi loving Lady Wife send to my workbench, them, when I'm cutting or gluing She come and ask; what about your day,She do it for me and my mental health, but What I have to do for Her.
Any ideas... ??? ???

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Wife and model Ship building
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:56 pm »

Apart from the obvious ::) ::) The occasional bunch of flowers works wonders as does cooking once in a while O0
Return the compliment, how was her day?

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:03:12 pm »

Sounds like you are a lucky man Godo. I have a wife who cares also and it's worth more than money can buy. Look after her and care for her in return.  O0

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 04:05:49 pm »

Hello to everyone
Yes I O0 a lucky man, 10 years of happy marriage and the model ship building let me be that way, Wife and I have an special code, some day, several years ago I toll Her that the room where I have my workbench, the boxes of kits unfinishisheds, the tools;  is a off limits territory for the women in this house and the punishment for trespassing is a rape(more o less tender one) ;) :D, so at Friday nigth when the baby daugther are sleep, my Wife stand at the door and said: I'm comming, I'm almost inside, I'm trespassing,  ::) :D, That way, I left anything that I was doing ::)
A hobby can be a way to have a happy couple, keep building those magnificent models, be happy and drink 2 oz of rum per week

splodger

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:36:42 pm »

Hello to everyone
Yes I O0 a lucky man, 10 years of happy marriage and the model ship building let me be that way, Wife and I have an special code, some day, several years ago I toll Her that the room where I have my workbench, the boxes of kits unfinishisheds, the tools;  is a off limits territory for the women in this house and the punishment for trespassing is a rape(more o less tender one) ;) :D, so at Friday nigth when the baby daugther are sleep, my Wife stand at the door and said: I'm comming, I'm almost inside, I'm trespassing,  ::) :D, That way, I left anything that I was doing ::)
A hobby can be a way to have a happy couple, keep building those magnificent models, be happy and drink 2 oz of rum per week

Easy there Godo, easy. As of last week, we don't do tummy banana and front bottom stuff on Mayhem.

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 05:35:16 pm »

I'm sorry, Iwill not do it again :angel:

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 07:48:26 pm »

Oh no, here we go again, larfin me ruddy head orf once more!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 12:29:21 am »

Some chap i know wanted a new camera, he's been eying one up for sometime! Anyway his missus purchased the camera for him as a present, his happyness was rather short lived as when he asked his wife if there was anything she wanted in return she replied "yes, a new kitchen"
I'm no Einstein but somebody got the Ar*e end of a deal here :-\

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:11:12 pm »

Apart from the obvious ::) ::) The occasional bunch of flowers works wonders as does cooking once in a while O0
Return the compliment, how was her day?
Washing the dishes seems to be an easy way out, as is the half hearted shoving around of the vacuum cleaner. At least you have made the effort and if you do it badly enough you won't be asked again. Same thing with making the bed(s). Women are odd and should be treated as treasures......but always work out a way to let them think they are winning "the battle" whilst you know you are really ahead of the game and can sit smug in the workshop.
Notes from a simple seaman

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 07:33:53 pm »

The 'Master Plan' works for me.

The plan is:

Let her beleive that she is in control, that everything she does is great, that she is always right etc etc etc...it works!    O0
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 10:01:44 pm »

My wife and I have a very simple outlook on life, we both have our hobbies and we do not annoy each other over what we do or spend, if either needs a hand we help each other, and she has never asked what it costs, but I do have to admit I have a great one....................... :D :D :D

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:27:41 pm »

When I was building my competition soarers I got her a Cambria Capstan and taught her to fly. When I
     built an airboat I built her a Graupner Carrina, - it worked for me.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 07:04:04 pm »

Just don't buy her a sub...................... {-) {-)

steamboatbob

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 11:28:31 am »

if your wife is interested in sewing like mine involve them by getting them to make the sails for you or the ultimate trick name a boat after them i did that for my daughter.

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 11:51:48 am »

I built a tug called 'Maggie' after my wife's name....creep....The only trouble with that was that everyone thought it was named after Maggie Thatcher when she was really unpopular.

I also have a tug plan for the Bogdan.  It's all in Polish and a little difficult to translate.  Even a Polish native speaker had trouble deciphering it because nautical terms are just a bit out of the norm for a lot of people.  Puts a different slant on things, doesn't it?  :)   

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:45 pm »

... if I go through the posts here, my good-loving lady seems not to be an exception. She cares very much about my modeling in total. Not only the boating. As I am doing mostyl warships she don`t want to have them in the living rooms, even if they are decorative in glass-cabinets. But she always forward me to build a new boat, going with my mates out with the cars or working on my model-railway. She often joins me in the workshop, had started a sail-boat on her own. In her opinion my hobby is a something essential to calm down from the rush of the job.
So- giving back the love and care is simple: Care as much for her interests as she cares about yours. We share the cooking on the weekend every two weeks. Compliments are magic and... support her in her interests. The mixture between shared time and time for everybody itself must stand in a good, equal relation. And if she doesn`t have any idea about what you are doing:  just give her a brush and some paints. Let her paint a figure on your next boat. You`ll see, she will build up a personal realtion to that model, where one of her figures is standing on.
Life can be easy, sometimes....  ;)

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 06:06:40 pm »

I built a tug called 'Maggie' after my wife's name....creep....The only trouble with that was that everyone thought it was named after Maggie Thatcher when she was really unpopular.

I also have a tug plan for the Bogdan.  It's all in Polish and a little difficult to translate.  Even a Polish native speaker had trouble deciphering it because nautical terms are just a bit out of the norm for a lot of people.  Puts a different slant on things, doesn't it?  :)   
We have a guy who wanted to name his new boat "Fridgit Bridgit"....but was "persuaded" to re-name as "Ice Maiden". Nice boat though!.
Notes from a simple seaman

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 11:19:46 am »

Bryan, better Ice maiden than Iron Maiden......  ::)

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Abuelo3

• Shipmate
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 09:21:28 pm »

Hello to everyone
I have to thank you very much, I ask my Wife to read all yours kind a gentle post reply, She kiss :o, and we were at the store I got paint's, glue and a new model, The LCM boat 1/35 scale from Italeri, :angel:
Thank you, I mean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.