Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Commercial Events and News

southern model show 2018

<< < (3/3)

17-21:
Well I have read all the above and yet again the facts are all wrong.
The show is in full swing with a good support from the model boat clubs here, there has been some big changes to the lay out not only for the boat clubs but for the whole site
The whole event is now run and managed by headcorn yes there has been some hick ups but as of this morning it's been great.
All cars and vans are removed from all the modelling areas and parked in the car park area from 09.00 to 17.00hrs with no exception these can be returned to you site to load and stay with you pitch over night if you wish.
There much more tighter H&S with a site lay out to get to any areas  quickly in case of an emergency.

As far as trades there was only ever 2 to 3 for model boaters why they are not here then ask them, there are other trades here component shop is here along with other model shops.

Now there is someone new doing the siteing the boat clubs
But under instruction from headcorn there was a skippers briefing yesterday morning again on the request of headcorn.
I know some of you have had issues with the said person BUT GET OVER IT if you want to keep shows like this going stop  knocking it and get back here for next year.

Phil. From the dark side but I am back

MartinL:
Couldn't agree more Phil. Well said.

grendel:
well, I attended as a paying member of the public, spent a fortune in the Component shop tent, and elsewhere, everything was easy to find and access, one general food area. I liked the fact that the water was barriered off, with a specific area for getting the boats in and out, safety aspects were well covered, without overly blocking the views, yes it was a shame that there were no stalls for model boat retailers, but the other stalls eventually provided for the parts I wanted.

Geoff:
I was there on Sunday with Iron Duke and had a very pleasant day indeed and will certainly have it in my diary for next year. I also enjoyed the multi discipline nature of the show as you get to see all sorts of other modelling activities.

A good day out.

Cheers

Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version