Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Commercial Events and News

Angle Pembrokeshire R.N.L.I. 150th Anniversary

<< < (2/4) > >>

Neil:

--- Quote from: tigertiger on January 04, 2018, 11:41:24 am ---Angle is a beautiful quiet corner of Pembrokeshire. Not remote, but off the beaten track for most holidaymakers. There are lots of places to visit only a short drive away. It would be a lovely place for camping, if anyone is thinking of going.

--- End quote ---

Looking forward to it TT ..........booked my Holiday inn
 and started dusting my lifeboats off..............take me that long to do so..........how long it will stay a quiet corner of the world with us rabble going I don't know, but looks a beautiful place as you say.

ian-mccaffrey:
Angle is a lovely quiet place.
But if you are going to be up by the lifeboat station. Beware that when the tide comes in. You will have no access. It covers the road by about 2 foot on an average tide( lifeboat crew use a landrovwr with a snorkel)
Pembroke is your nearest town from angle that’s worth visiting or even staying at. And it’s about 15-20 min drive.
Then close by you have pembroke Dock. Tenby. Saundersfoot.
Over the water then via the cleddau bridge is Neyland( where I live )    Milford and Haverfordwest

Rottweiler:

--- Quote from: ian-mccaffrey on January 05, 2018, 01:29:40 pm ---Angle is a lovely quiet place.
But if you are going to be up by the lifeboat station. Beware that when the tide comes in. You will have no access. It covers the road by about 2 foot on an average tide( lifeboat crew use a landrovwr with a snorkel)
Pembroke is your nearest town from angle that’s worth visiting or even staying at. And it’s about 15-20 min drive.
Then close by you have pembroke Dock. Tenby. Saundersfoot.
Over the water then via the cleddau bridge is Neyland( where I live )    Milford and Haverfordwest

--- End quote ---
Thank you Ian for your report.
The road does indeed get flooded during rough weather and spring tides,but this weekend was selected because of neap tides.
I was informed an hour ago that potholes will be filled in before the event.
This is going to be a BIG weekend,with not only a beer and cider festival taking place,and possibly 7 or more classic lifeboats attending,but other classic boats,such as Bristol Pilot cutters,and a tug,and some gaffers attending. There is also live music being staged,by proffesional musicians and bands....watch this space.I am also inviting other types of exhibits to the model tent,as well as lifeboats,so if anyone would like to show anything in the model line again,please get in touch with me? There will be parking for exhibitors vehicles,cars caravans,tents and motorhomes

tigertiger:
I am envious but I can't go. <:(

rnli12:
Same here don't get back off holiday till the 12th gutted  :(( but good luck and hope there are many more in the south west

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version