Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD  (Read 27416 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2007, 10:54:24 pm »

Sorry it wasnt quite up to windermere conditions Simon but it was pretty choppy,so you didnt like the video then?.Im carrying a lot of weight in the hull at the min but if i get some good conditions im going to remove it and see what she can do as i think she has  the potential to be fast.Might alter the angle of the prop some too but one thing at a time.

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2007, 07:19:01 am »

Only joking Mart.

4 kilos is alot of weight, i only run 2 in mine and thats in rough conditions.
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2007, 09:19:54 am »

4lb not kilos mate and i know you were joking  but seeing as you never said anything about how my boat runs i take it you dont like it   >>:-(  {-).I realise im carrying a little weight and this was because of the conditions i normally run in and me playing safe.I dont have the luxury of a rescue boat so i prefer not to flip the boat if i can avoid it.That said next year when the weather gets warmer ill take the stabalizers off and let her rip and see what happens.Im not looking for the fastest boat out there,id rather have one thats reliable and stable with a reasonable turn of speed but thats just me i know some guys are out and out speed freaks and like a boat that runs loose and on the edge of total destruction but thats just not me.Thats not to say this hull isnt capable of been fast quite the oposite im sure the step in the hull will ensure it will be a fast boat.Im pleased with the speed right now and i havent even started to experiment yet but im in no rush ,i know you racers need things done in a hurry but id rather take my time get used to it and enjoy it without all the hassle and pressure you guys have.Ive not changed the prop angle once yet nor tried any dif props so im sure theres a lot more speed to be found from any number of changes i can make.I ve seen some really fast boats and some not so fast and it isnt allways the fast ones that exite me to be honest id rather see a boat that looks good on the water to be honest.Take your makara(apache) for instance they arent the fastest hulls arround but they just look right when running to be honest unlike a lot of boats you run against not wanting to name names  ;).They look like real boats and drive like one just like mine thats what i mean to say.Any way ill stop rambling on now  ::).
Mart

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2007, 06:34:06 pm »

Sorry mate, looks good.

Boats should look like boats and its not alwasy about the speed, more duration!!!!

Would still like to see it in a crowd though!
 O0
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2007, 08:04:14 pm »

I dont like crowds  {-) ill leave that to you racers its not for me.

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2007, 09:56:17 am »

:) hay,theres nothing wrong with running a fast boat on the edge,and why should every boat have to look like a boat???everybody likes there boats to go a bit faster,i like mine to be fast and look good,my new boat is not like any other boat out there,but still is a good designed boat that should do well,keeps you on your toes when you run a boat on the edge,maybe not always a good idea.but i only race for the fun of it,your boat seems to be going ok mart,not sure about the rough water,?im sure your boat will give you hours of fun,and that is all its about,enjoy what your doing O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2007, 10:57:58 pm »

Never said there was anything wrong with running them on the edge i just said thats just not me(yet) lol,as for boats looking like real boats thats also my personal preference.It wasnt intended as an insult to anyone so calm down mate  ;).As for 4" to 6" chop not been rough i didnt say it was i said rougher as id only had very calm water the first few runs and wanted to see her in some chop ,that said i wouldnt call it calm either fleetwood lake can get very rough check out my woody vids on my utube homepage. The sea breeze at Fleetwood allways keeps you on your toes and because of that bank you get some funny gusts i should know ive sailed sail boats on there for the past few years.I run alone on my lake no resue boat so id rather keep her upright if i can  ;) if thats boring to you im sorry but im happy with the boat and how she runs and more to come im sure,not bad for a tub ehh .Of course im sure one day ill flip it no doubt but id rather it be once in a while than every day  O0.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2007, 11:06:26 pm »

{-)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2008, 10:34:08 am »

heres the new hatch almost done just needs a cpl more coats of paint on the drivers and then clear coating.I made the drivers using brown paper and white glue over plastecine they came out great .Also i posted another vid of her running an ali 78 mm prop,ill post another video of her running an x470 with my mates zen 7 powered cat what a diff this prop made.mind you will need some mods to keep up with that cat hehe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_KNprezP00

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2008, 06:22:57 pm »

Nicer hatch Martin  O0 good ingenuity making the drivers, must be from the Blue Peter generation {-)
Let's have the vid of your day out with the cat up here and see if that boat moves...... Yep I'm going to keep digging at you until we have seen a FULL BORE video {-) {-) {-) ::) ::)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2008, 06:41:27 pm »

Nicer hatch Martin  O0 good ingenuity making the drivers, must be from the Blue Peter generation {-)
Let's have the vid of your day out with the cat up here and see if that boat moves...... Yep I'm going to keep digging at you until we have seen a FULL BORE video {-) {-) {-) ::) ::)

Lol Ian here it is dunno how you missed it its on the other site,thought my boat was pretty fast till brods cat came along.I will try to loosen her up some more next time out if the weather keeps nice,should hopefully run even better then.When i can afford one im ordering a prop from chris hoffman  O0 unless you know anyone who can lend me one  {-) just kidding .Anyway when we going to see a video of your boats   ::)?.All i need to do now is sort the chine walk out as its doing that in the vid,hopefully a few adjustments will sort that out,any ideas welcome  ;D.Still think the carb could need leaning a touch more also what do you think?.
http://rcuvideos.com/item/JBB44D91VLXJ8S5N

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2008, 11:01:41 pm »

O0

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2008, 01:35:59 pm »

Oh, was that full bore  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

She's running very nicely, a little chine walk is OK don't worry too much about it. Experiment with raising the prop a bit to get a little more hull in the water and dropping it to get less, keep your angle the same. You can play with tabs as well see what effect that has.
Carb is fairly simple, sparkplug a light chocolate brown after a good hard run, I occasionally cut the motor on the water instead of idling in, may give a better idea of the spark plug without fouling at low revs.
Best of all just enjoy the boat and experiment, mark your strut position (scribe) so if you change it and the situation is worse you can move it back easily.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2008, 03:13:54 pm »

Cheers for the tips Ian i think i got it covered,good tip on bringing her in by cutting the motor to check the plug didnt think of that.the last time i checked the plug it was a little dark so put that down to maybe been a little rich,maybe it was idling in that made it darker.I think shes running pretty well and im reasonably happy with her,ill play with the strut a bit and see what happens.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2008, 08:00:21 pm »

Well my mate Brod gave me his old pipe off his cat from Dave as hes got a new one from Dave to try on his zen 7 along with a REAL Big BORE carb ,i fitted it today,its tad long but should be ok.Dave thinks it will run well even on the deep vee header,its about 2" further out from the transom but if it works well ill maybe move the motor forward a bit to accomodate it better.Sounds much better thats for sure,hopefully ill get some more performance too but thats not why i fitted it.I fitted it because this hanson one is dam loud  ::).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kh7bw2OLE

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2008, 06:36:48 pm »

Bet your neighbors love you Mart! {-)
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2008, 06:45:36 pm »

Bet your neighbors love you Mart! {-)
Yea  O0 waited till they had gone out not that they would be too bothered,it was just a short test.Nice quiet pipe though compaired to those hanson quiet pipes  >>:-(.hopefully it will add a bit more power too,if it goes as well as it sounds it will do me .Taking her for a spin on Wed all been well,should have some more video of it running with my mates cat.How do you like the new hatch and home made drivers  ;).
Mart

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2008, 06:54:53 pm »

Very nice, mine are bought and bolted on. Did you see my new cat?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5zNx6oSuww

O0
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »

Very nice, mine are bought and bolted on. Did you see my new cat?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5zNx6oSuww

O0
Yea the cat goes well mate,i thought you had one of those .28 motors in a cat ?.

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »

I had a .28 in a Kyosho RTR boat but it was crap and i ended up splitting the hull. This is a Bittbuger by PIP and should be alot stronger?
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2008, 09:22:53 pm »

stick the .28 in it   O0,you not fancy a gas cat then?.

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2008, 09:42:43 pm »

Cant run a .28 in it, it will drop into the next class and they run up to 7.5cc

Limited to 3.5cc

Gas cats are not competative in Omra, but i do fancy one as a play thing, mabe next year. I am helping a mate who runs a couple of cats so we will see how it pans out
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2008, 12:07:53 pm »

Cant run a .28 in it, it will drop into the next class and they run up to 7.5cc

Limited to 3.5cc

Gas cats are not competative in Omra, but i do fancy one as a play thing, mabe next year. I am helping a mate who runs a couple of cats so we will see how it pans out
A gas cat would be competetive and then some with the right hull,im sure of that,i doubt anyones really tried them yet as cats seem to be a rarity over in the uk compaired to the states.The avenger cats are good in the rough stuff my mate has one.There are rough water cats out there you just need to choose wiseley,sonic racing makes some fantastic rough water boats .Pluss cats are so much faster put it this way a cat is much faster with the same motor than a vee,the diff is quite big speed wise.My mates cat went 58 mph with a mild mod zen and his vee went 47mph with the same motor.I didnt realise you were now racing nitro .
ps heres one of the sonic cats running in the sea .http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V6iRi3IBzs4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.