Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD  (Read 27435 times)

Phantom1

Re: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 09:35:24 pm »

here ya go riptide / shakespeare 830.........

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 11:54:38 pm »

if im not mistaken,john that builds the riptide also works for shakespear, O0 O0

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 01:01:46 am »

Andy is this your boat by any chance ?

I've seen that action shot photo of D37 from, I think, Weymouth on more than one occasion - what a great photo.

It matters not how fast or anything else the boat was going - it's just spectacular.

G

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 09:34:22 am »

Yea i have to agree there Glenn a great photo and i have more,right a question for yaa my brackets for the strut are standard length which when i mount a wedge shaped block on the transom to bring them back level as the boat has an angled transom the trailing edge of the strut will be 3 .5" behind is that enough or should i make a standoff arm for the brackets?.Also should i bring the tube out dead centre for the flex or offset to the right a touch  if i do the latter wont the strut then need to be angled a touch to bring the prop back dead centre ?.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 05:26:12 pm »

hi guys stringers are installed next ill join the deck after checking the motor fits ok with the pipe installed in case i need to cut the rails anywhere.dont think i will need to so hopefully i can join the deck to the hull tomorrow ,ill keep you posted  O0.heres some pics including some of the hardware and motor  ;).

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 04:44:12 pm »

Well after thinking things over i decided not to join the deck and find the balance point by taping the strut and rudder on the hull and placing everything else in the hull then i marked for the engine mounts and drilled the holes and slotted them so i can move the engine for and aft if needed.i think ill set the balance at 30% and run it like that and if need be ill move the engine further back ,its easier to shorten the flex if need be but i cant lengthen it once its cut well thats how i see it anyway  ;D.heres a cpl of pics oh by the way ill leave the deck till last that will make things easier.Im joining the deck and hull via the lip and then ill trim it back to 5 mm and install a deck edging strip.

Andy_k

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 06:33:10 pm »

Here you are I have scanned the mag to show you my boat and I got the date wrong Dec 2002 it was

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/crashed/riptide1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/crashed/riptide2.jpg
Right which one will I do next?;)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 06:47:22 pm »

Thanks Andy thats a great pic did she land the right way up when she hit ? ;).ive hit a minor problem on my build i cant get to the bottom hex bolt on my header because of the bend in the header so ill need to swap the hex bolt for a normal bolt so i can use a small spanner on it instead of the hex key.i can get it on ok when the decks not on but what i mean is once its all in the boat ill not be able to get it off  ::).only other way would be to make a big enough hole in the transom to allow the pipe to slide right out so i can twist the header down to access the hex bolt and i dont fancy a big hole out the back.

Andy_k

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 07:48:36 pm »

Yes she always came down the right way  ;D have you got room to take the engine of the rubber mounts and slide the engine forward with the manifold I cant quite make out the mounts that you have in the picture
Right which one will I do next?;)

omra85

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 08:14:04 pm »

Mart
Instead of a bolt can you convert to using a stud?  Just get two long threaded machine screws of the right thread. Make sure you have enough thread to go through the manifold plus the thickness of a lock washer and the nut.  Studlock the screws into the cylinder then cut the head off the screws leaving enough to go through the manifold and to fasten to. Slide manifold on and when thread ends pop through, stick on washer and nut.  Tighten evenly - job done (I hope).
Danny

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 08:24:49 pm »

Would be best to put nut on bolt first then fix it all tighten up nut then cut off bolt head, then when you take the nut off you will sort out thread where cut at same time. :-\ Or not Danny
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

omra85

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 08:32:19 pm »

I agree Dicky - much easier - as long as you don't put the Dremel through the manifold  O0 :D :D
Danny

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 08:39:01 pm »

I agree Dicky - much easier - as long as you don't put the Dremel through the manifold  O0 :D :D
Danny

Sorry, don't know what came over me, I was thinking steady hands like you need on scale work Danny. :angel:

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 10:28:25 pm »

Haha thanks guys ,Danny i think its sorted you know how when you have that many things on your mind well after a chat to Glenn he kindly reminded me i need to cut the header pipe to length which will hopefully shorten it enough so i can slide the pipe off the header DOH  ;D once this is done i can swivel the header to gain access to the stud DOH  oh well at least its sorted now i hope hehe.Great idea you had and it might yet be needed thanks mate.By the way im setting balance to 30% that way if need be i can shorten things and move the engine further back you probably are right though maybe further back will be better but at least this way i wont need to buy a new flex if its wrong  ;).Im sure you guys will keep me right and its very much apreciated  O0.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 01:34:17 am »

Aye. He still had about four inches of header up the tuned pipe... :) :)

A hacksaw will be the answer to everyone's problems.

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 09:21:36 am »

Ok mr know it all  O0 i had that much on my mind i couldnt see the wood for the trees ,well thats my excuse  ;D.Now where did i put that hacksaw  >:(  ;).

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 04:32:38 pm »

Mart,

Are you going to come racing with us!!!
 ;D
Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 05:01:16 pm »

Mart,

Are you going to come racing with us!!!
 ;D
Simon
Nope ;D i will be at windy to watch you guys if i can make it on the Sunday,probably wont have the boat done by then anyways.Hows she looking mate? doesnt seem like much interest in my build from many ,maybe the guys who referred to it as a tub feel embarrased  ;D this things awesome .By the way my mate just got a cat from Nimrif models and hes not happy i think things are in hands of solicitors as he cant get a refund  :o.Im very surprised to be honest as i know youve had good  experiences dealing with them,but this cat is not good and he paid 200 quid almost.

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 07:02:40 pm »

Mart,

Dont worry about everyone else, you just stick at it mate.

As far as Nimrif models, the blokes a f****n a******e and a liar, he could have had alot of business from me. What a t****r. Found him really difficult to deal with, blunt, i almost had to beg him to sell me a boat. Customer service is not his strong point.

Never again, his loss!

Regards

Simon
Rubbin is Racin!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 07:20:59 pm »

Cheers mate sorry to hear you had problems with him too,you should see the state of this seemless join on my mates cat  >:( he reckons the hulls sound and straight etc when one sponson is like a dogs hind leg  :o.i hope wayne takes him to cleaners .he sent a note with the cat saying sorry didnt have time to finnish it off due to a death in the familly blah blah.even if someone did die he cant possibly say the boat is anything like what my mate ordered its bull.

omra85

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

Mart
Just cos we're not replying to every word, doesn't mean we're not keepiing an eye on you. ;)
There's only a handful of us IC racing lunatics on here so don't feel disappointed if we're busy with other stuff as well (even some boat building occasionally) and don't comment on every picture.
The boat looks good and should go well with the new engine.
If you do go to Windermere, say hello! Be nice to meet you.
Danny

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 08:00:07 pm »

Mart
Just cos we're not replying to every word, doesn't mean we're not keepiing an eye on you. ;)
There's only a handful of us IC racing lunatics on here so don't feel disappointed if we're busy with other stuff as well (even some boat building occasionally) and don't comment on every picture.
The boat looks good and should go well with the new engine.
If you do go to Windermere, say hello! Be nice to meet you.
Danny

Boat building Danny ??? ;D ;D ;D

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 10:46:09 pm »

Sorry Danny it wasnt aimed at you ,they know who they are mate and im sure they are watching  ;D.Yea she should go well  if i set it up right   ;D.I made the radio box today just need to sort out the lid from some plexiglass and fix some studs into the box so i can secure the lid.Ill be sure to say hi if i make it to windemere no worries mate,thanks for your help so far and to Glenn and anyone else whos offered advice.By the way phantom is making me a new hatch for the boat as the plug sits too high for this one  ::) its as low as i can get it too.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2007, 02:09:44 am »

I tend to forget on which side of the Atlantic this Seaquel is being built on, it seems it is going to run on petrol and gas!! (Dual fuel? Hmm)

If you build another of these hulls, will it be the Seaquel sequel for title of the build thread Mart?

Like Danny, I too have been busy down in the shed, moulding, cutting, laying up, bashing and sanding. And drinking some very nice cider I brought back from Devon - but that's another story.

Got a race to enter you know!!

Glenn.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 02:45:08 pm »

Now you know i wasnt talking about you Glenn your one of the nice guys lol  ;D,all your help is very much appreciated.There was someone on this site who called my hull a tub and it hit a nerve ,he knows who he is .Maybe thats why he hasnt commented on this thread  ,mind you he has a problem with ORANGE !!  ;D.By the way my mate got a full refund on his nimrif cat  ;) now that was a tub and a half  :o.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.