Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD  (Read 27432 times)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2007, 03:39:28 pm »

Here's one thought for you Martin, I would get the deck on before you bolt everything down hard. The reasoning behind this is to avoid imparting an eventual twist in the hull. The hull with a deck on resists twisting and pinching better than an open hull. It will also mean that you will see that you can get to everything once the hull is joined.
Looking forward to seeing this build on the water. I have heard interesting stories of model stepped mono hulls in the handling department, hope this one runs fast and true :)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2007, 05:41:11 pm »

Looking forward to seeing this build on the water. I have heard interesting stories of model stepped mono hulls in the handling department, hope this one runs fast and true :)

There you go trying to scare me again lol  ;D,yea dont worry Ian i wont be leaving things in or on the hull when i join it together thanks for the tip.Nothing is tightened down right now anyway but thanks for the heads up.Im in the process of building a radio box from ply so ill try and post some pics when i get it done.I hope it runs fast and true also  O0.

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2007, 06:00:03 pm »

hi mart,boat is coming along mate,i like the stepped hull.should be a quick boat now that you have a zen.glad to see that you are taking your time building it,i have just built a new boat fore omra,should be at windy all be well if testing goes ok., :Dwe will see.keep up the good work, O0kurt

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2007, 08:38:18 pm »

Thanks mate im glad you like the boat,she certainly looks the part i cant wait to get her wet lol  ;) .Look forward to seeing you at windy.

omra85

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2007, 09:04:45 pm »

Mart
Are you going for both days?  If so we can all meet up for the celebrations (or drowning the sorrows) on Saturday night.
Nice pub a few of us met up in last year is the Royal Oak.  It's near the centre of Bowness and is not touristy, sells real ale so should be good for a hangover on Sunday (why should I be the only one ) ::) ::) ;D
http://www.pub-explorer.com/cumbria/pub/royaloakinnwindermere.htm
See you there
Danny

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2007, 09:23:52 pm »

Beers good. Should be there, was only going to come over for the Sunday but we shall see if I can wangle a pass out of her that must be obeyed....

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2007, 10:24:16 pm »

Mart
Are you going for both days?  If so we can all meet up for the celebrations (or drowning the sorrows) on Saturday night.
Nice pub a few of us met up in last year is the Royal Oak.  It's near the centre of Bowness and is not touristy, sells real ale so should be good for a hangover on Sunday (why should I be the only one ) ::) ::) ;D
http://www.pub-explorer.com/cumbria/pub/royaloakinnwindermere.htm
See you there
Danny

Hi mate i will only be there for the Sunday and will have the missus and kids in tow so beer is out im affraid  :(,was hoping to make both days but she has to work.nice idea though,just make sure you dont breath on me when we meet on sunday if youve had a skinfull   ;D.By the way wheres the racing going to be held ? yea i know the lake dohh but where abouts ?.

omra85

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2007, 10:37:54 pm »

it's the Windermere Power Boat Club
http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=54.33224,-2.9345|17|4&loc=GB:53.99916:-2.64911

The little crooked white line top left.
Danny
 O0

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2007, 10:48:55 pm »

pub sound good danny,dont worry mate you wont be the only one,looking forward to a good days racing it seems forever,just hope the weather stays good,,,,,,,,,kurt

omra85

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2007, 11:01:49 pm »

See you there Kurt  :D :D :D

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2007, 11:02:02 pm »

Cheers Danny i asume theres good parking there? or nearby?.

omra85

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:26 pm »

Parking right down by the lake (usually gets a bit crowded - so bring a few car colour spray cans)  ;D ;D
So you won't have far to carry your BIG boats  O0 ;D ;D

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2007, 07:15:41 pm »

a few more pics of my progress  O0

omra85

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2007, 08:05:20 pm »

Wow Mart - that engine looks REALLY far back.  I assume the tank (bag) will be in front - keep it well filled or you'll have a 'wild salmon' on your hands ;D
I know you don't go racing so are not really interested in OMRArules, but if anyone else reads this and DOES get bitten by the bug (not that you will of course)  ;) ;),  the pipe is probably past the limit of 65mm.  It would be dead easy to rectify though, all you need is a 90 deg bent tube (could be copper, stainless, ally or whatever - it's outside so not going to get that hot) and mount the silencer across the transom. As we race clockwise, this puts the outlet facing AWAY from the noise meter, thus giving you a lower reading! Kills two birds with one stone  ;) O0
Not that I would possibly suggest ways of 'bending' rules  ;D ;D
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:07 pm »

Danny the engine isnt that far back mate maybe its a decieving pic pluss the clutch makes it look bigger and longer lol and the boat balances at 27%, it can slide for and aft a little to alter that if need be.The plug is 300 mm from the transom,the pipe is only 20 mm out the back what you see is the silencer and thats 100 mm long.I couldnt care less if it breaks  a stupid rule to be honest no offence mate,and lets face it that is a stupid rule  ;D.I dont see how the engine is far back when the boat balances nicely and yes the tank is in front  ;)Thanks for the tip on the copper bend on the transom pitty you didnt tell Glenn that b4 hes just stuck his pipe facing forwards in his miami  :D

omra85

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2007, 10:34:37 pm »

ah - but his will look a lot neater  ;D ;D
Bl**dy H*ll - another concours winner  ::) ::) ::) ;D
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2007, 10:48:53 pm »

Dont worry you guys are safe i wont be racing at windy  ;D anyway while your on about my engine been far back whos idea was it to set the balance point at 25% or was it at the end of the step  :o, the step is at 270 mm from transom, in any case i couldnt mount the engine any further forward theres no room with the hatch as it is.Bringing the hatch further forward would deff help matters for future builds access wise though.

Andy_k

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2007, 09:57:02 am »

Well I just thought I would let you know that I hate the lot of you! >:( because of this thread I have had to dust down my apache rebuild it and now I am going to have to spend the day down at the local water to make sure it still runs and handles OK  ;) well better enjoy it while I can, its going to cold in the doghouse next week  :-\
THANKS GUYS O0
Right which one will I do next?;)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2007, 04:07:20 pm »

yea thats right blame me  :o lol,let us know how she runs,the boat i mean not the wife  ;D.

omra85

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2007, 04:34:18 pm »

You'll be glad you did it Andy  O0 ;D ;D

Just checked the forecast for next Sat and Sun
Temp - 52 deg (we'll save on sun cream)
Light rain - in Windermere that means the drops are less than an inch across  ;D
WIND 14mph from Southwest - in other words nearly straight up the lake.

That'll sort the men from the bouys :o :o ;D

Danny

kurt cave sikk 27

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2007, 05:14:47 pm »

i just hope i can stay away from the bouys ;D ;D ;D

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2007, 02:33:23 am »

You'll be glad you did it Andy  O0 ;D ;D

Just checked the forecast for next Sat and Sun
Temp - 52 deg (we'll save on sun cream)
Light rain - in Windermere that means the drops are less than an inch across  ;D
WIND 14mph from Southwest - in other words nearly straight up the lake.

That'll sort the men from the bouys :o :o ;D

Danny

Smashing. Just what's required. Bit more wind would be good, we shall see.

G.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2007, 11:47:35 am »

not much to report on my build but heres a cpl of pics of the radio box i made ,still needs two more holes drilling along the longest edge for a cpl more hex bolts.,i then need to fit the rubber bellows then i can install the radio gear.also got some nice vents off a mate for the deck that should look nice when fitted.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2007, 01:29:56 pm »

heres a few more pics of the progress,i still need to join the deck but ive tes fitted the edging strip and it should just about fit once its joined but will be a tight fit once the deck is fastened as the lip will be a tad thicker.ive also painted a yellow stripe round the boat and edged it with some lime green vinyl ,i think she looks cool  8).ive also made a bracket to hold the cable for the throttle see pic ,let me know what you think of her so far guys.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2007, 05:43:28 pm »

Well, I wouldn't buy a car that colour! As long as you are happy. Not much more to now then? Should be ready for the water any day soon. Loi=oking forward to the test run.

G
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.