Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD  (Read 27444 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: NEW SEAQUEL BUILD
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2007, 10:13:52 pm »

Indeed i am happy she looks awesome  ;D,nope wont be long now not sure it will be this weekend but maybe next  O0.When i do get her wet ill try and get some video of her first run ,hope she runs as well as she looks .

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2007, 06:35:31 pm »

Hi guys sorry i havent been posting lately but here are a few more pics as you can see i decided to open up the hatch to gain more room to work ::).Im in the process of finnishing the new canopy to fit the opening.i will be running the boat on Sunday all been well.I made a switch puller pusher to swith the radio equipment on and off and its run through a rubber bellow everything is  ready now for her first outing ,wish me luck  O0.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2007, 02:52:59 pm »

Tommorrow is the big day,heres a cpl of pics of the finnished hatch hope you guys like it  ;D.

thedevil

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2007, 11:20:28 pm »

hi, i have one of these hull with a webra 90 in it and 1 of marlseys jet drives in it and i have to say it has an impressive turn of speed.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2007, 04:48:02 pm »

H i mate i ran it today for a few  mins and had problems with my water cooling on the header and pipe it just didnt seem to be getting enough water to it so im thinking i need bigger diam tube for the piccup.The rudder one that cools the motor works fine.I cooked the o rings in the manifold on the header so ill need to fit some new ones.Apart from that little hiccup i have to say i was impressed with her,although i never got above 3/4 throttle as im running this motor in, it was fast and turns great too.In fact i will lessen the rudder throw as i spun out once as i think i had to much rudder throw but no big deal.I think this boats going to be very very fast once i get the motor run in and everything dialed in.ill post a short video clip of the test run,its only 2 1/2 mins long but i was planning to run it then cool the motor then back out for a longer run then cool etc then back out for a full tank.I cant wait to see how she goes at full throttle  O0,any video of yours running mate?.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2007, 04:57:27 pm »

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »

Nice first run, bet you're smiling O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2007, 10:08:50 pm »

Nice first run, bet you're smiling O0

I was smiling and my knees were shaking lol pitty about the o rings but ill redo the piccup with a larger tube that should sort it  ::).

omra85

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2007, 10:19:24 pm »

That clutch would have been useful at Windermere  {-)
Are you ever going to race it?
Not bad for fibreglass  ;)

Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2007, 10:49:30 pm »

Danny this is just for fun im not gonna race it i dont have the money or the time to do it to be honest.Its early days yet but i can see the boat been very fast,be interesting to see how she goes in some chop etc.I wish id got to run her longer today to get the motor run in etc and see just how fast she is as the conditions were perfect today for a change.all been well ill take her out again this coming week or weekend once i redo the piccup for the pipe.i did think of using the single piccup in the rudder for all the cooling or would that be no good?.might be too little water to cool the motor manifold and pipe?.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2007, 12:12:37 am »

H i mate i ran it today for a few  mins and had problems with my water cooling on the header and pipe it just didnt seem to be getting enough water to it so im thinking i need bigger diam tube for the piccup.The rudder one that cools the motor works fine.I cooked the o rings in the manifold on the header so ill need to fit some new ones.Apart from that little hiccup i have to say i was impressed with her,although i never got above 3/4 throttle as im running this motor in, it was fast and turns great too.In fact i will lessen the rudder throw as i spun out once as i think i had to much rudder throw but no big deal.I think this boats going to be very very fast once i get the motor run in and everything dialed in.ill post a short video clip of the test run,its only 2 1/2 mins long but i was planning to run it then cool the motor then back out for a longer run then cool etc then back out for a full tank.I cant wait to see how she goes at full throttle  O0,any video of yours running mate?.

Hmm, canny.

Rudder adjustment easy sorted. I have had problems with one of the headers, where the header pipe moves and restricts water flow. You can feel it just blowing through the pipes and moving the header about a bit.

Once you get the new rings in and seated and aligned correctly it will be OK I am sure. A good first run really. Seems lively enough. Be good to see in rough weather and racing.......

Regards.

G

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2007, 09:22:45 am »

Hi Glenn are you saying the water flow on mine could have got restricted that way? if so do you mean to check by blowing through the tubing to test there isnt a blockage?.i did run water through the tubes from a bottle of water to see that water could flow.Daves sending me some new o rings when the postal strikes finnished  ::) so ill check things again.After a chat to dave im thinking of trying another piccup attached to the back of the rudder blade or on the transom,im just not confident in this flush one.As for the boat it is def lively and turns well and doesnt need much stick to get it to turn smoothly but i had way too much throw ,i tested that out and she spun out but i wasnt going too fast so no harm done  :).I m very pleased with it so far but as you say it will be interesting to see her in rougher water but id prefer another calm day for the second run to get her trimmed and running well  O0.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2007, 11:04:47 am »

Hi Glenn are you saying the water flow on mine could have got restricted that way? if so do you mean to check by blowing through the tubing to test there isnt a blockage?.i did run water through the tubes from a bottle of water to see that water could flow.Daves sending me some new o rings when the postal strikes finnished  ::) so ill check things again.After a chat to dave im thinking of trying another piccup attached to the back of the rudder blade or on the transom,im just not confident in this flush one.As for the boat it is def lively and turns well and doesnt need much stick to get it to turn smoothly but i had way too much throw ,i tested that out and she spun out but i wasnt going too fast so no harm done  :).I m very pleased with it so far but as you say it will be interesting to see her in rougher water but id prefer another calm day for the second run to get her trimmed and running well  O0.

Yep, eaxactly right, once it is all assembled, blow through the header and you should feel it easy to get air through. If you fit another pick up you can always divert the flush one straight over the side to see if it is working, if there is water shooting over board then you know it's OK.

Good luck.

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

Thanks mate yes thats a good idea i might fit a piccup on the transom and run that one and ill run the flush one over the side just to check if it is working which i dont think it is.the only other possibility is i was very unlucky and got a blockage somehow,oh well no real harm done i guess its another lesson learnt(double check everything before i run the boat and recheck once its running.i could see plenty if water from the motors cooling  line but the other one was just a trickle so something wasnt right thats for sure  ::).

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2007, 12:00:43 pm »

Yep, all down to experience. Always good to keep a bag of exhaust O rings handy. They do tend to be consumable items.

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2007, 12:55:26 pm »

thanks mate ill keep some handy just in case  O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007, 03:39:37 pm »

Heres the second video shes running pretty well,havent opened her up full bore yet that will come next time out. water piccups are running well now ,the new one i added to the rudder blade to cool the exhaust worked a treat  so thats sorted.I think some adjustment is needed to the pipe (shortening) a bit to get her on pipe better but ill have a better idea once i open her up for longer periods and get a good run out of it.Boat seems to run nice and turns are pretty good both ways ,all in all im pretty pleased with how shes shaping up.Let me know what you guys think and feel free to offer any advice cheers.
mart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVq9zDd_KNE

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2007, 12:12:47 pm »

By the way, did you get the chance to stick a hose onto the flush water inlet then over the side to see how much water was coming off that pick up?

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2007, 01:21:42 pm »

Hi Glenn nope i didnt but i will do at some point,i plugged the inlet with silicone to run her yesterday but ill unplug it and test it next chance i get.Thanks for reminding me,the one i put on the rudder blade works great though. I know it will cause a little extra drag but i doubt ill ever notice the difference to be honest so ill probably stick with it.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2007, 11:45:34 pm »

Drop me an email or PM then with your address again as I have just the thing for you to bolt to the back of your boat.....

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2007, 06:54:40 pm »

Cheers mate all donations gadly welcome  ;D,by the way had her out this morning and altered the carb settings and shortened the pipe almost as much as i can and she ran much better.No video this time my lad forgot to press record  ::) oh well,she ran great very fast and turns well so long as i dont try to turn too sharp at full speed as she does dig in a bit.I think i can sort that out a bit but not sure its needed as she does turn well at over half throttle,small movements is the key but thats just normal i guess.I did do a few turns at almost full speed and she does turn ok so long as its a sweeping turn  ;) Im not sure shes hitting her max with this pipe yet and i can only shorten it another cpl of mm or thereabouts so fingers crossed.Shes reving much better but ill let you guys have a listen to it next time and give me your opinions on it.She was fast today and i was shaking a little i have to say  ;D.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2007, 02:54:56 am »

Shaking is always a good sign!!

According to the purveyors of that pipe, it should be tuned to work OK with the wrap forward header, so they say, I think you might find the first cone is "shorter" than most.

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2007, 01:19:10 pm »

Thanks for that Glenn im happy enough with her speed as she is so its not bog deal,it will be good to see how she handles some wind and chop.She rides the wake ok at full speed but not the same as you know.good thing about this setup is i dont get any water in the hull whatsoever ,at least not while shes thr right way up  ;).

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2007, 02:26:45 pm »

Hi guys well i had her out again today this time in some rougher water and she went great handled it really well.She runs very stable and turns are good ,im really getting to know the boat now and feel confident shes not going to do anything unusual  ;).I have about 4 lb of weight up front to keep her from getting too flighty in the chop and she ran very level and even when i could see right under the hull she never seemed likely to do anything unexpected if you know what i mean.Anyway heres a short video so let me know what you think,sorry its not too long but hopefully you can see how shes running even though the quality on utube isnt so great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RtYCQIgGcA

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2007, 06:42:02 pm »

Mart,

So wheres the video of the rough water then?

;D O0

Rubbin is Racin!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 23 queries.