Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2145 times)

Walnut

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:24:25 pm »

Hi everyone. I've joined the forum after reading 'petesubman's' Borodino thread. There is a small lake close to where I live just crying out for a pre dreadnought to scare the ducks.
Only problem is that I believe the nearest club to me is about 90 mins away from where I live in rural France, so the forum is going to be my main source of info.

My first build is definitely going to be a semi scale pre dreadnought of some description.
If there are any French members on the forum who could point me in the direction of any club within 2 hours drive of Bergerac I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 10:01:03 pm »

Hi everyone. I've joined the forum after reading 'petesubman's' Borodino thread. There is a small lake close to where I live just crying out for a pre dreadnought to scare the ducks.
Only problem is that I believe the nearest club to me is about 90 mins away from where I live in rural France, so the forum is going to be my main source of info.My first build is definately going to be a semi scale pre dreadnought of some description.If there are any French members on the forum who could point me in the direction of any club within 2 hours drive of Bergerac I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Walnut! Sadly the rest of your writing went diddy so I cannot see what sort of warships you plan to make.

Do tell us more!
Pond weed is your enemy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 03:22:24 am »

***Font size of original post now fixed***
It happens often and is the result of a software glitch. You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry.

Welcome aboard Walnut :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Walnut

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:19:10 am »

Thanks for fixing the text.
Plans are to build a semi scale pre dreadnought based upon the Russian Andrei Pervosvanni.
I have the 1/200 card model which I will scale up to 1/100 and use as templates for the hull bulkheads and a simplified superstructure. The other reason for 1/100 is the availability of suitable commercial fittings I can utilise. At about 55" in length and 9" beam, it should float.
Unfortunately I wont be starting it until mid Feb after I've collected the bits together I need.
I'll keep you all posted.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:19:37 pm »

Do have a look on the Dreadnought project where there are loads of drawings of warships including many French subjects. Do look at the wonderful and imaginative 'Pre Dreadnoughts of France as well, the Armoured cruisers are behemoths!

I look forward to see your interesting build Walnut!
Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.