Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Painting, Finishing and Care.

Halfords Red Primer

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stavros:
DO NOT USE RONSEAL OR ANY OTHER VARNISH on that hull......simply spray the skeg with halfords car lacquer as a HAVE PREVIOUSLY TOLD YOU TO DO ......if you use the other it will REACT  when proper primer has been applied......for heavens sake READ READ AND READ AGAIN...AND AGAIN AND AGAIN  what i have said in the painting article in the paint section....

Oh and Halfords red primer is MATT  so why on earth would you want to varnish it.....YES primer is porous but WHY  would you want to varnish it.on a Grp or plastic hull as unless the hulk is going to be sat under the water for the next 10 years it will not do the Grp any harm whatsoever.

Dave

Colin Bishop:
Dave, I have used Ronseal Mattcoat over Halfords red primer for many years and NEVER had a problem. Yours is not necessarily the only way do things. I do agree that if you just want to treat a small part of the hull separately and then apply a different system at a later date then you could run into difficulties.

Colin

Stavros:
Colin for goodness sake you willl not get a reaction when putting that stuff over halfords BUT WHEN YOU KNOW FOR A FACT and you OBVIOUSLY DO NOT  know what primer is going to be used then beforeyou know the FACTS dont try and belittle me as  YOU ALLWAYS TRY TO DO.....FACT .

I know a lot more about paint than you ever will and thats a FACT

Dave

Colin Bishop:
Well, looking back over the posts he said he is using Halfords red primer, no mention of using anything else....

See my comments on your other thread and do please stop shouting at me, it's unnecessary.

Colin

Fastfaz:
Play nicely children!
      Regards, Pete. :police:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version