Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sangestia PX11 construction booklet  (Read 2266 times)

ether823

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Sangestia PX11 construction booklet
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:40:01 pm »

Hi folks, Ive had a plan/pack of the malaysian police patrol boat Sangestia PX11 marketed by Models by Design (David metcalf plans) kicking around my workshop for a fair time and now im contemplating on making a start on this, but on closer inspection of the plans they mention a construction booklet to accompany the pack but alas I never received one. Has anyone got a copy they dont want or could anyone email me one as I need all the help I can get. Models by Design dont produce this plan/pack anymore, Many thanks, Peter

RST

Re: Sangestia PX11 construction booklet
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »

I have a Sangsetia here which I got the hull, plan and plastic set from Metcalf Mouldings way back in the day.  I do seem to remember the book -a4, photocopied sheets with maybe a pink / orange card cover.  I still have mine from maybe 15 years ago now!!!!  But I'm afraid I think it is in my parents loft with my collection of other plans and booklets so I can't help you on that one.

....To be honest though I'm not sure I remember what else it contained separate from the plans apart from useful tips.  I seem to remember a bit about making the dinghy, but lets be honest you can find a commercial one which suits (I used an old inherited billings boat one), or not out of the imagination to carve one from wood.  I may be wrong on that.  It may have said to glue plastic strip to the inside of the hull -then glue the deck on and use milliput to fill the gaps etc.  I'm not sure it's nothing which isn't standard construction tips -but I appreciate it's annoying when you don't have it!  I think it may have described how to carve the radar dome from wood -but I just got mine from Cap Macquetes I think.

...I may be wrong remembering that lot but considering how few public models there seem to be I can't be too far off?

I haven't sorted an image hosting method I'm satisfied with yet but here's a shot of mine -still a W.I.P!

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/RSTA/Sangsetia/IMAG1299.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu17/RSTA/Sangsetia/IMAG1232.jpg

...A little while back someone was looking for more detail on the real boats.  I never found much but he found allot more pictures of the real thing.  Sadly, I'm not a Facebook user so I can't see half of his pictures / efforts.  I meant to reply to the post he did but keep forgetting -it may be on here in a search for sangsetia.

...I must get round to finishing my model -it's just a bit big!

Rich

ether823

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:34:03 am »

Thanks very much rich, great photos. Im sure i`ll have no problems, you have eased my concern, Peter

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:33:28 pm »

Hi Peter - I have the Model Boats articles of the Sangestia build by Dave Metcalf. Could possibly be scanned and you'd find them helpful.

ether823

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 03:50:44 pm »

That would be great Mike

douglas g

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 05:02:14 pm »

The thread mentioned above is one I put together under "Working vessels R&D" called "Sangsetia PX11 Malaysian police patrol boat":

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,58935.0.html

There are quite a  lot of photos posted by Malaysian Marine Policeforce members on Facebook that I linked to in my posts, and unfortunately you do need to be on FB to see them.

It is clear that there were many differences between the different boats in the PX 1-18 series, and some seem to have had the wheelhouses/bridges rebuilt. I have recently been sent an undated photo that shows that even PX 11 Sangsetia was rebuilt and looked very different. PX10 seemed to remain the same as built and there are many pictures of this boat on FB that I linked to.

However, I think that the details of the plan of Sangsetia are not very accurate, as listed on my R&D thread. It makes a very nice looking model, though!

ether823

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 05:21:26 pm »

Thanks for the "heads up" Dougy, some very useful information. Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.