Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunter Systems  (Read 2003 times)

Howard Q

• Full Mayhemer
Hunter Systems
« on: January 21, 2018, 04:30:32 pm »

Hello everyone. I have to plead guilty on this score, I have not purchased anything for a little while from Hunter Systems, having put the name of the Company into Google plus using the www. path it does not bring anything up, actually the www. check shows the site being closed, does anyone have any information that can help as I would like to purchase some items, the products from this Company were always first class, still got and using bits bought in quantity from the old Ellesmere Port shows in the 1990s. Howard Q.

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
Re: Hunter Systems
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 04:42:09 pm »

Hunter systems are long gone. There are several good companies around with similar products and everyone you ask might have an opinion as to which is best. Action electronics are loved by many, it all depends what you want.
Chas

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 09:21:15 pm »

Hi Howard, I have several Hunter systems, ESC's, Also a few Electronize ESC's, they are both very good, but , Electronize are still producing. Have a look on their website

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

Howard Q

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:57:31 pm »

Hello. The bits I was looking for are the smoke maker that Graham was producing complete with mini fan that I controlled by electronic switch,  it was very effective, my recent builds were all modern vessels so smoke was not needed, I am now building a 1928 ferry so this unit would be ideal, I know there are vapour units available, but in my view, water and electrics in a confined space are not ideal bedmates, any help would be appreciated.Howard Q.

Atlantic Mouldings

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:37:56 am »

Howardq ,
I belive "Mastman" bought a lot of Graham's old stock so you could try and contact him , you never know he may have what your looking for.

jarvo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Etherow model boat club
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:24 pm »

Howard, there are some 'smoke machines' on ebay, they use water and ultra sonic's to make steam, worth a look

Mark
Tugs are for pulling

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 01:20:45 pm »

I know there are vapour units available, but in my view, water and electrics in a confined space are not ideal bedmates, any help would be appreciated.Howard Q.

I personally feel it’s a little safer than a red hot element and oil, plus you get the oil staining all over the model. If you use distilled water it won’t even be conductive.

RST

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:24:19 pm »

Glad someone else posed this question -I've been looking for hunter systems for a while but not found much.

Re: Smoke generators, glad I wasn't the only person thinking the original concept of hot wires and oil is probably less safe than the modern ultrasonic and water.  But I must admit I still have seuthe smoke generators (they're so small!!!), and so conveniant compared to the mega smoke machines.  One bottle of oil "puffs", the other gives constant smoke.  Eazy-peazy.  I'm sure you can still get them from model railway folks and the like -and they're quite cheap / compact -but they do give HEAT and proper "smoke" compared to the allbeait muh bigger units which do not.

inertia

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:01 pm »

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 11:58:38 pm »

I personally feel it’s a little safer than a red hot element and oil, plus you get the oil staining all over the model. If you use distilled water it won’t even be conductive.

If it's glowing, you are doing it wrong!

Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.