Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carson Reflex Stick Multi Pro 14 channel Radio  (Read 2360 times)

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Carson Reflex Stick Multi Pro 14 channel Radio
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:22:14 pm »

Hello All,
This manufacturer and this radio in particular have recently popped up upon my radar. It appears to be a surface model targeted radio, without all the bells, whistles and other stuff that aircraft radios force one to pay for while not needing it. I have not managed to find any reviews for this radio. It appears to be a cross between the Robbe/Graupner approach and a regular radio in that the receiver appears to take the place of the receiver and the multi-switch module that the R/G use. Has anyone tried one? Do you like it? The price appears to be very attractive, $139 USD.
Thank You .
Jonathan

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Carson Reflex Stick Multi Pro 14 channel Radio
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:56:37 pm »

Hi Jonathan,

I had never heard of this make, so i did a search on Youtube, and there are many review videos you can check out. Seems these are popular with the RC trucking and tank communities. The general consensus appears to be that they are cheap and cheerful, but get the job done.

Charlie

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:04:31 pm »

Akira,I have this set and i really rate it , as i have said in other posts you get the normal 4 stick channels plus 5 latching switch and 5 none latching switch channels , the only negative is that you do not get a carrying handle which is a bit of a pain .I like to have as many things on my models under RC control as possible so 14 channels is ideal for me and additional receivers are quite cheap , if you are running a model  that only requires 4 channels then just buy a 4 channel receiver for that particular model , they cost next to nowt .I think i payed just over £100 quid for the 14 channel combo set from Scale Hobbies in Skelmearsdale  Lancashire .

Get one you will not be disappointed .

Dave  ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »

Dave,
 Thank you for the comments. This radio is pretty much unheard of on this side of the pond. That said, it looks to be a good replacement for the Robbe F-14, which I have several of, and love. I agree that animation helps to make the model and these radios look to fit the bill at a very good price.
Jonathan

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:25:10 pm »

Sorry Jonathan ,I did not realise you are in the USA , Hobby King do it at the right price , P.S Don't forget it is 2.4 if you have a submarine .

Dave  ;) ;)

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:38:14 pm »

Dave,
No problem. I have ordered one from Belgium. I will be interested to see how it stacks up against my Robbe F-14's. It looks like it will be even easier to work with. Fingers crossed. And yes, I am aware of the 2.4, that way I can save my Robbe's, 75 mhz, for bubble boats.
Jonathan

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 01:36:58 pm »

Dave,
 My friend and I have received our radios and are both quite pleased with them. ( now if only the 2 1/2 ft of ice would melt so we can use them). We did notice the lack of information in the manual, especially regarding the connection to the switched channels. Having received replies from Borders ( from whom we ordered the radios) and from Carson, I would like to ask this question: Are you hooking up any loads, ie lights ect, directly to the switched receiver outputs, or are you using electronic switches?
Thanks
Jonathan

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 05:15:13 pm »

I tested one of these sets and was unsure if the outputs were low current solid state switching channels or designed for servos etc. In for a penny...all outputs will drive servos, albeit to only three positions. So the unit can either control mechanical output control, or electronic switching via add on switcher units, Action, Electronize, Turnigy, etc, used in the usual way.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Dave Cook

• Cookie
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Keep on Rockin
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 07:41:23 am »

I use Polu rc switches ,they can switch up to 3 amps , they are only £5 in the UK .
Dave  :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.