The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

RMS Queen Mary - Portholes sizes

<< < (2/2)

Colin Bishop:
A fair point, we all have our own ideas of what we want from the hobby. In my case I just want to produce a model which faithfully represents the original vessel with a reasonable balance of effort to appearance but what constitutes that is basically just my opinion. I rather take the view that if I get in too deep with the details and features then it detracts from the time I can spend on the next model.

My chosen subject, see below, doesn't have too many portholes or lifeboats etc. etc. but still captures the essence of the period.

I love the old Queen Mary, I used to see her in the 60s's and spent a night aboard her at Long Beach in 2001. But she is a huge vessel by any standards and the sheer amount of work involved in successfully modelling her is enough to put me off. At the end of the day it is what floats your particular boat though.

Colin

TailUK:
Blue star line, SS Almeda Star.  nice choice!

Colin Bishop:
Top marks TailUK. Yes, a good modelling compromise for a practical and attractive model. I have already built the hull and part of the upperworks so all downhill now - maybe...!

Colin

Peter Fitness:
A lovely subject, Colin, I look forward to some progress photos when appropriate.

Peter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version