Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FR40 full power both directions  (Read 2576 times)

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
FR40 full power both directions
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:39:41 pm »

Can anyone assist with this query? Using an FR40 es c on a bow thruster I need 100% motor speed in forward and reverse, when I wired the motor and es c up (power supply through a P102) I am getting the 80/20 forward and reverse supply as with,for example, an Mtronics esc. I have used exactly the same set up on other tugs with full power forward and reverse so head scratching.
    Help required.
          Cheers, Pete

Stavros

Re: FR40 full power both directions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:44:05 pm »

ok what make is your transmitter for starters....another question is what percentage have you got on your end points on the bowthruster stick

Dave

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:13:16 pm »

Yo Stav,
     TX is a Spektrum DX6 motor speed is set a 100%(as I remember) forward and reverse. Used exactly the same set up on my Portgarth very successfully so a bit bemused. I have just bought a P98 which I was told by Component shop will do 100% power in both directions.
      Regards,Pete

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 10:17:38 pm »

Right then what configeration have you set the dill switches on the P98....or have you used it straight out of the box.....Inertia where are you

Also havd you a P99 to give you a constant 5v
Dave

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 10:27:22 pm »

P98 is being fitted tomorrow I intend to try it with the DL switches off then try each switch one at a time playing it by ear. I see in the instructions that you must not get the pos and neg wires the wrong way round so I presume that it's okay to swap the leads on the bow thruster motor over if it's running the wrong way i.e. Left stick and she goes right.
   Thanks for the replies Dave.
        Cheers, Pete

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:30:06 pm »

P102 supplying the power to the RX  and motors 12 volt SLA battery

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:37:00 pm »

Should be ok on a P102 s its a regulated 5v bec...regards motor wird YES  it ok to swap  them around...never had any trouble with a P98 ive ran on on 48v...SSSHHHH  and it still lives....but dont telk Mr Milbourne...eell he did say its bomp proof !!!...funnily enough i just dug mine out for a build im doing at the mo

Dave

inertia

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 10:43:16 pm »

Hang on. Why is the P98 relevant here, especially if it hasn't even been fitted yet? The problem is the bow thruster circuit, not the main motor - or have I misread the whole thread? You need to contact Mike Stothers at Microgyros for advice ref FR40.
DM

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:15 pm »

To Inertia,
     The problem is the FR40 not giving full power in both directions, I have wired up several tugs in exactly the same way as this one and all of them performed brilliantly. However for some reason beyond me this one isn't playing nicely.
       Cheers,Pete

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:14 am »

To Inertia,
     The problem is the FR40 not giving full power in both directions, I have wired up several tugs in exactly the same way as this one and all of them performed brilliantly. However for some reason beyond me this one isn't playing nicely.
       Cheers,Pete

Give mike a call, by far the quickest way to get this sorted.

inertia

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 09:13:42 am »

To Inertia,
       Cheers,Pete
Yes - that's the way I read it, so the P98 is a red herring (and so is the P102). Just to confirm the Tx setting, plug a servo into the receiver output which you're currently using for the bow thruster ESC and check to see that it moves an equal amount in each direction when you move the bow thruster stick. Computer radios are wonderful things but you can be fooled by them - or at least I can!
The other test you might do is to connect the thruster motor directly to a battery and run it at full speed, then reverse the two wires and see if it still runs at full speed in the opposite direction. Some motors are "handed" to run best in one direction, while others are just bust!
Dave M

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 12:46:39 pm »

Inertia,
   No red herrings (I prefer fresh Tuna) I use P102's in all of my boats I fitted the P98 this morning more or less spot on immediately, took the tug to the pond and tried it out. Huge improvement but not perfect got my electronics Guru to check out the TX and the settings were different so 20 seconds later we have lift off same power both ways and she turns on much less than a sixpence.
     Thanks for all the replies guys much appreciated.
          Cheers, Pete. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.