The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

The Adamcraft Sailing Dinghy

(1/7) > >>

Peter Wallis:
It is just possible that some of you will recall a clinker built 18" sailing dinghy built from a kit that had as its box a shell case surplus from the war . Mine is marked with the WD stamp dated 1947 .
I acquired this kit around 3 years ago and have since built this model only converted with radio control .
As some of you may know there is an excellent club 'Vintage Model Yacht Group' that has its own magazine ' Turning Pole' it was here that I wrote about the ADAMCRAFT .
This has put me in touch with 5 other owners and we are having a our first gathering on April 8 in North London and would be delighted to see other owners whatever the condition of their boat on the day .
Please email in the first instance phwallis@btinternet.com and I will send you further details . 

AYE

Peter Wallis

North Hampshire

Gareth F:
Some of our shipmates are already aqainted with my  'built from plan'  Adamcraft, the one with the red gaff rig, bowsprit and foresail.
Well, sailing it regularly since 2012 has brought me so much pleasure. 
I look forward to the get together on April 8th and hope that all interested modellers are able to come along and join in.
Thanks to Peter Wallace for this. 
For those who may not be aware, original model and kits were designed in 1947,by Harvey A Adam,a naval architect and based on an early 18 foot Olympic racing class dinghy

Gareth F:
Forgot to add - as always do let me know if I've got my facts wrong.

roycv:
Hi Peter, where is the meeting on April 8?
regards Roy

Peter Wallis:
We plan to meet at the North London Society of Model Engineers AL40NJ on April 8 from 11.00hrs .

Do you have an Adamcraft or W.H.Y as we would be most interested in hearing from you !.

AYE

Peter Wallis

North Hampshire 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version