Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Link T4/R7 binding  (Read 2246 times)

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Radio Link T4/R7 binding
« on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:46 pm »

I have a Radiolink T4U Tx (the old one that looks like a FM set with the crystal socket blanked off). I needed some more Rxs, so I bought
the R7EH-S
which appeared to be the replacements for the R6EH . I have had no success binding this to the TX, though the RX light flashes as it says it should. Are this TX and these servos not in fact compatible?

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Radio Link T4/R7 binding
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:22:46 am »

I got a T4EU and matching receiver a while back, worked OK, got a couple more receivers, they bound OK.  Then this time last year I dropped the TX and it stopped working, consensus was that something had broken in the RF module and was not fixable.
So got a new TX + RX which worked fine except that the old RXs would not bind, despite everything having the same numbers.  As a result, I am migrating to the bottom of the range HobbyKing radios and writing the unusable receivers off to experience.  They do seem to be better behaved.
A side note from the successful binding of the early RadioLinks - I did find that between one batch and the other, there had been a change of layout that resulted in the channel order being reversed, only cured after actually reading the labels.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »

Never had any problems even with 7 Chanel receiver I just switch on transmitter, switch on receiver and then press the tiny button hidden in the cut out hole in the receiver and bingo.
The only problem with the 7 channel receivers is they have a built in fail safe on outlet 3 of the receiver, on loss of transmitter signal this gives a signal ( full stick down) ok for a forwards only esc as this is throttle cut dangerous with a forwards and reverse esc when you get full reverse. As I operate board I open the tx and put it to mode 1 so right stick outputs to Chanel 3, the left stick now outputs to receiver output 2 end I connect my esc to that
Regards. Ken

Ken G121

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:46 pm »

Spoke to soon, I bought a new transmitter Wich came with a R7eh-s, and my old receivers do not bind to the new transmitter, clearly the R7eh and R7 eh-s are different. So now I have a stock of the old receivers to go with my two t4 transmitters but these do not work with the new transmitter. If you want receivers for your t4  I have 6 so I will swap some if you have s versions
Regards. Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.