Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody at Sheringham  (Read 3480 times)

Plumpa

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Anybody at Sheringham
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:51:10 pm »

I am new to model boating and having relocated to Holt Norfolk would like to meet with anyone using Sheringham boating pool, is there a club ?

Your responses welcome

Captain fizz

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Anybody at Sheringham
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:00:39 pm »

Ah!, the well known Sheringham poo club :D

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:23:35 pm »

Yes I was on holiday in Sculthorpe  nice place Holt even if Holt Train station is miles from it lol sheringham meet on a Sunday morning  but no club as such just model boater meeting maybe on a Wednesday  in the summer I believe.
    Regards Howard.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:23:21 am »

Hope so!  Great venue....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 09:47:13 am »

i used to sail there when visiting my sister in fakenham..........a lovely sailing pond with great views out to sea over the cliffs..............bt I never ever saw another boater sail their model............was always empty and devoid of other modellers, sadly.........and you didn't need to bend far to put your model into the water.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Plumpa

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 06:31:36 pm »

Gentlemen

Thank you all for your responses. I will visit and see if I find anyone like minded.

I googled the pool and found out it is 'snorkel' depth, is that an official measure if so whats that in mm or inches ? I only ask because the water is not 'see through'. I'll take what my live in accountant calls a measuring stick and get some numbers. Be silly to buy a Yacht that pokes out of the water because its sitting on the bottom.

Thank you again  :-))

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 06:51:32 pm »

No when I was there  six or more cars was parked up on the road lads sitting on the grass between the pond and the road all chatting and all had yachts the pond is deeper then the wall around it you only have to lean over  as Martin has said great as the water was well topped up  and very clean at the time you could see the bottom pond painted light blue if am right nice shelter on the other side of the pond.

Regards Howad.

Phil

• Shipmate
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »

Hi Martin,

My wife and I have an RG65 each. I also have an IOM, but think the pool is a little shallow for it. We intend to set a course and sail when we can. It would be good for other like minded people to join in too. There is another model boat club at Elmbridge mill pond near North Walsham. Not sure who runs it, but know of some RC Laser racing going on. Phil

CaptainJoshie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I’d rather be Boating
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 09:27:40 pm »

Hi

I realise this is an older thread but thought I'd add my comments anyway.

I've just returned to the hobby after a very long time, when I was based in The Hayes and Iver area.

We now live in Sheringham, so the Sheringham Boating Pond is very useful  :-)) .

I too would like to meet up with other modellers, have meet a few non local boaters at the pond so far but no other locals.

Hopefully if I do meet other locals may be we can get something going. If there isn't one going already.

John

Phil

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 09:56:36 am »

Hi John,

My wife and I are local and where at the pond yesterday. We are not aware of any 'club' with common interests. We would be keen to encourage others to meet / compete in friendly RG65 races. We have laid marks and match raced, just for fun.

What type of modelling is your preference?

BR Phil

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 01:06:29 pm »

HI GUYS well I sail up at Sheringham on warm evenings in the summer but im not local come from nr wroxham as I normally sail at the Norwich pond but the council has put double yellow lines around now an its nr impossible to park my car up there now so I now use Sheringham an in some ways its better as at Sheringham I can park right near the pond as I have a fairly big big warship hms Norfolk  an yes it would be nice to meet up at the pond if I knew anybody goin but ive got a deafness problem as to many yrs in a factory but I can hear a bit with my hearing aid so if you guys are a bit patience I can talk to you an my wife helps if I have a problem hearin  an a couple of pic's of my HMS NORFOLK on the water at Sheringham about a month ago on a night sail an we really enjoyed the evening an talkin about the model to the holliday makers an im  also on this site building HMS TIGER C20 BUILD
anyway a couple of linkpics
https://ibb.co/jWYGjDY
https://ibb.co/hLCPVX1
anyway be nice to see you guys as I hope to go up the nxt warm evening the wife an I get up the pond about 4pm so we can get a space to park
chris

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 09:12:12 pm »

Hello Chris,
 I love Sheringham to as I often holiday in the north Norfolk normally at Sculthorpe, that's a great bit of modelling.
               Regards Howard. 

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 10:46:00 pm »

Hello Chris,
 I love Sheringham to as I often holiday in the north Norfolk normally at Sculthorpe, that's a great bit of modelling.
               Regards Howard.

HI Howard yes Sheringham is a great pond to sail on an I have been goin up there to sail on an off for the last thirty yrs or so as for me its only about a 40mins drive an we are there so be nice to see people up there with a vessel to sail with .As all my model ships such as Nimitz an edinbugh an York an more have all had their madein voyages on this pond an so far none have sunk  :}
chris

CaptainJoshie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I’d rather be Boating
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 11:09:36 pm »

Hi All

Glad to see the pond is getting good use!

So far the wife and I have been up there for three days sailing, I've got two of my boats working. A very old Tid Tug and a new fast pleasure cruiser. I'm still working on getting my original Duplex 575 into sailing trim but hope to get that on the water very soon. There are a few other boat to sort out and get sailing too.

Problem is there is a lot of new kit to fit these days and the learning curve is pretty steep, fortunately I love a challenge.

Hope to meet up with some of you up at the pond, I've always enjoyed the club's I've been involved with.

John

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 09:36:58 am »

HI John be nice to meet you up at Sheringham if you happen to be there when I bring Norfolk for a sail an do any of you gents know a gent called colin  who used to sail up there a lot but I hav'nt seen him this yr as I do hope he's ok

chris

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.