Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RadioLink  (Read 1636 times)

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
RadioLink
« on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »

Has anyone managed to get rid of the annoying low voltage warning bleep from a RadioLink T8FB transmitter using a computer running 64 bit Windows 10?

If not, don't bother reading the rest of this!

I purchased one (with R8EF receiver) from Howes at the Warwick show last November. Looking at feedback on various suppliers sites, there is much criticism about the warning bleep default setting of 11 volts and that it is supplied without a computer connection cable (although I think the latter has now been remedied).

Having purchased a PL2303 unit and 4pin mini din plug and made up a cable, I failed to achieve communication.

The transmitter also has a micro USB socket (no mention of this in the supplied manual) – so I tried using this with a cable that had successfully download pictures from my wife's mobile phone. Still no joy.

Howes said my cable must be a charging cable – it had to be a data cable – and there was an app to use an Android device for communication. (I don't even have a mobile phone!)

Looking at websites that also sell the transmitter (e.g. Robotshop, who also offer the appropriate software), I found that there was an updated manual and also a pdf download with screenshots and comments from a helicopter website. BOTH these documents have the comment for the T8FB.exe file “click “Connect” and switch on the transmitter in under 2 seconds!!! This is indeed crucial. The helicopter document assumes use of Windows 7.

I was now able to make connection with the “set parameter install and use” (T8FB.exe). The hex files which this software uses definitely get uploaded to the transmitter because selecting the V105 (for 8 independent channels) causes the R8EF receiver to stop working (it may need the R8EH which is the one shown in the manual). Using the V305 hex file (for multicopter) allows the receiver to operate in PWM mode except Ch 5 (3 position switch)

Using the firmware upgrade file (the one needed to change the low voltage warning level) doesn't work for me. Selecting “read” (to download firmware from the transmitter, causes the red and green LED's to go out for a few seconds (the manual says they should flicker) but after changing the low voltage level to a lower value and “Uploading”, the transmitter still bleeps. Selecting “Read” again shows the voltage level unchanged from 11 volts.

A logic probe indicates that the transmitter is trying to send data. I am assuming that it cannot communicate with 64 bit Windows 10.

I have tried to send an email to RadioLink using after_service@radiolink.com.cn and after_service1@radiolink.com.cn . In both cases the response (after 5 days!) has been a “timeout” failure to deliver message.

Any thoughts before I pack it off to Howes and ask them to sort it?

Mike

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.