Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapest is never the best option!  (Read 3468 times)

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: Cheapest is never the best option!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 12:47:52 pm »

Nothing wrong with Bosch. About 20 years ago they were one of the few good brands. Seeing how B&D had gone down the pan. However, we have a lot more choice now.
I recon a lot of the tools bought in Aldi/Lidl will still be going strong in 20 years time. I have had some for over 10 years already. Not that anyone else on here ever shops for tools in Aldi or Lidl  ok2

Absolutely, for my DIY I've got  a few Bosch tools but have increasingly moved to DeWalt. Still have a couple of old B&D tools but my battery drill was replaced with a much better and smaller Bosch one.

Whilst some of my power tools were quite expensive I justified it (to my wife!) saying that it would cost far more if we got someone in. Which is true as I've saved a fortune and do a better job in most cases than the "professionals".
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.