Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: What have you bought this week?  (Read 267835 times)

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What have you bought this week?
« Reply #700 on: June 01, 2020, 11:21:36 pm »

Hi all.
 Four sets of BECC Depth markings 1:24 scale for my north east tugs Northsider, Wearsider, Cragsider/Headon and Palion a 1:24 TID Tug, and today my model paint spraying booth so that should keep me busy  for a few days.
                    Regards Howard.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #701 on: June 02, 2020, 10:53:29 am »

Last week a new aerial as pixalation was getting worse on the bedroom TV.

This week about to order a new fridge/freezer, as the 6 year old one seems to be on its way out  >>:-(
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

klz

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #702 on: June 02, 2020, 11:58:24 am »

A Creality CR-20 3D printer ... and now a crash course in cad

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #703 on: June 02, 2020, 12:04:59 pm »

A 1/35 scale BK 1124 hull from Christian of MTB Hulls.
Just hope I can draw on the mass expertise on here for motor sizes etc etc . It's the smallest hull I've ever bought !
in my own little world

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #704 on: June 02, 2020, 02:40:53 pm »

A 1/64 scale type 21 Frigate needing a refit.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

jjolly3

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #705 on: June 04, 2020, 08:55:25 am »

Getting back into the hobby after a 25-year pause.  I purchased an Aero-naut Jenny and an Aero-naut Delphin Fishing Boat.  I am considering the Aero-naut Bella or Bellissima.

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #706 on: June 04, 2020, 09:20:08 am »

And a 1/12 scale fishing boat hull from MMB.

in my own little world

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #707 on: June 08, 2020, 07:04:59 pm »

A rather nice Stanley spokeshave on ebay, been buffed over by the seller but in very good condition. The blade is full length never been sharpened but with a couple of small nicks I have had to rub out on the stone.  That Sheffield steel is beautiful, takes a razor edge and in a moment of inattention out of my finger.

And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #708 on: June 08, 2020, 07:06:49 pm »

Nice result  :-)

I just bought an Amazon fire stick for my craft room tv. I hope the wifi is good enough
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #709 on: June 08, 2020, 07:16:29 pm »

A new 24 inch monitor for my PC. The old one was only 21.5 inches and 10 years old - and my eyes are also 10 years older %% %% %% %%

Barrie

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #710 on: June 08, 2020, 11:00:43 pm »

I failed my discipline and ordered a load of parts from J.R.Haynes. Bits for a Cruiser and the Armoured Cruiser. I nearly bought the entire stock of several items* but cut the order back so others can buy search lights and HA directors and Boom knuckles!

*This was a mistake as my brain pops to bed with a Horlicks leaving the rest of me alone unattended on the pooter where I write daftness.
Pond weed is your enemy

RST

« Reply #711 on: June 08, 2020, 11:15:08 pm »

2 boxes of disposable face masks, 3 washable ones, 2 boxes of disposable gloves (I need to prep for getting back to my office and apartment in France). Plus a leather punch tool, and of course, on getting home and looking in the drawer, found the existing punch I couldn't find which lead me to buy another one!

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #712 on: June 10, 2020, 07:25:19 pm »

I just bought an Amazon fire stick for my craft room tv. I hope the wifi is good enough
Can't fault it. Turned my regular Finlux small tv into a streamer, just wish there was more to watch  {-)  probably browse U tube
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #713 on: June 10, 2020, 08:25:35 pm »

Two Mtronics escs and some Tamiya paints for my Vliestroom. Ordered from Howes in Oxford late on Friday evening and arrived lunchtime today, think that's a pretty good service.

Oh, also bought 2 1\2 tonnes of topsoil, enough weedkiller to make about 200 litres of spray, and 15kg of grass seed. SWMBO has decided the uneven and very coarse grass the builders provided is beyond redemption and has to go so we're starting again. Doesn't look like I'm going to have much time for modelling for a while.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #714 on: June 10, 2020, 09:13:26 pm »

100 lithium cells and just arrived today a battery spot welder

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #715 on: June 10, 2020, 11:03:07 pm »

Decided to replace my car as the tyres, servicing and new brakes were going to be expensive so have part exchanged it for a a low mileage Mercedes C Class estate....

The overall running costs will be lower too so it’s a wise financial decision now I’m retired!

RST

« Reply #716 on: June 10, 2020, 11:09:06 pm »

Wow. That sounds a big jump! I'm still putting in to my "old" CLS on those grounds because it's cheaper than a newer car! (Fully admit mines not great on diesel though better on petrol though still have something in my mind irresponsible as always was for domestic cars ever to have been diesel)

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #717 on: June 10, 2020, 11:24:36 pm »

Do tell us more Grendel. Is this spot welder for modelling or for work? This is an exciting step up in model making with brass if the former case.

Pond weed is your enemy

RST

« Reply #718 on: June 10, 2020, 11:38:22 pm »

I ventured out today:  Car needs attention -had bits painted few weeks ago and he's not done a good job at all but he was shut when I took back to show.   Went to my garage to book a service and he is boarded up also.  Co-vid in Scotland still seems still on hard lock-down compared to you guys down "south".  How many more weeks do we still have to endure this and still sit at home while others are out and about!

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #719 on: June 10, 2020, 11:54:36 pm »

Wow. That sounds a big jump! I'm still putting in to my "old" CLS on those grounds because it's cheaper than a newer car! (Fully admit mines not great on diesel though better on petrol though still have something in my mind irresponsible as always was for domestic cars ever to have been diesel)

It’s a downsize....from a 65 plate VW Touareg with 60k, a set of new tyres will be £1200, a service around £400, new front discs and pads about £600....plus I haven’t told them about the leaky sunroof drain so to sort that would probably be a couple of hundred and an average 30MPG if I’m sensible ....the Merc' is a 66 plate C250D AMG premium plus estate but with only 12k and a FMSH so now the cost to change has got smaller.

RST

« Reply #720 on: June 11, 2020, 12:26:51 am »

...welcome to merc world.  A new set of tyres on my old CL500 were almost a grand by any means I could have spent three.  But thankfully there's lots of Merc aproved "indie" garages tese days.  I went to our local merc dealership to enquire about a thorough service and was quoted ....£600+ consumables+any parts+vat (about 2k for a yearly / 12k service)....then I saw it was "Arnold Clark" on the quote and pretty much just walked out and used my regular Merc guy who charged £500!  Merc. parts are strangely cheap, lots of guys will work on them no bother also since warranties were elaxed.  I like Mercedes!  They still have issues with paint but they are usually much nicer insides to be in than any BMW!

RST

« Reply #721 on: June 11, 2020, 12:41:48 am »

Scratch my last message, you're in a much newer category of car than me!  I prefer older cars until mpg/investment is done.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #722 on: June 11, 2020, 05:36:43 am »

Do tell us more Grendel. Is this spot welder for modelling or for work? This is an exciting step up in model making with brass if the former case.

Its for connecting lithium batteries, it plugs into a car battery as a source and spot welds the nickle strips between 18650 cells, I am using it to make up battery packs to either replace the ni cad ones in power tools, or at least one will be a power supply for my model boat to replace the lead acid battery.

I have tested it and it spot welds thin (0.1mm) stainless steel as well, not tried brass yet, though that conducts better so might not heat as well

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #723 on: June 11, 2020, 11:18:18 pm »

127 quid almost in an instant at B&Q today: new Bosch drill, 3 rolls of wallpaper and a few other bits and pieces. Some DIY work and decorating coming up!

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #724 on: June 19, 2020, 12:00:42 am »

As mentioned in another thread the Ferrex cordless drill
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 61   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.