Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: What have you bought this week?  (Read 267796 times)

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What have you bought this week?
« Reply #925 on: November 25, 2020, 03:42:32 pm »

a smoke unit for my HMS TIGER an its very good goes on in seconds
https://ibb.co/t89NGCW

Wow I am passing through Chatham of Friday, checkout the link !!!

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #926 on: November 25, 2020, 05:56:45 pm »

Last of the big spenders 6  3 mm L E D

Stan. {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) [size=78%] [/size]

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #927 on: November 25, 2020, 09:37:25 pm »

A pair of 30mm brass props for my LSM.  Going to drill and tap them on the side for grub screws to lock them to the shafts (belt and braces but I don't like losing props).

tsenecal

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #928 on: November 25, 2020, 11:08:39 pm »

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #929 on: November 26, 2020, 10:19:19 am »

I like the idea of Linux but don't know much about these nor how updating will work. I am old school & can't see why my Android phone shouldn't last 3 times the normal security update life of 2 years.

Are the $149 and $199 prices for UK or do import costs (duties & VAT) need to be added and is it shipped from China?

How much did it end up costing you?

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #930 on: November 26, 2020, 04:26:52 pm »

A Tower Scaffold.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #931 on: November 26, 2020, 04:56:04 pm »

quote for Taranis  Anyway I digress  %%   I then placed an order for parts at Bauer and selected pre payment by bank transfer thus cutting out PayPal type charges.
So I ordered and paid on the morning and by evening received a DHL tracking number.
I look forwards to revealing my purchases very soon as I'm sure delivery will be faster than Royal Mail latey

Personally I prefer the protection of Paypal should any thing go wrong with the delivery you can normally get your money back and there are no charges buying

Joe

morley bill 1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #932 on: November 26, 2020, 06:05:53 pm »

Hi one 12year old glenmorange & one 12year old glenlivet very good price at tesco this week merry christmas everybody...Bill

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #933 on: November 26, 2020, 06:30:33 pm »

quote for Taranis  Anyway I digress  %%   I then placed an order for parts at Bauer and selected pre payment by bank transfer thus cutting out PayPal type charges.
So I ordered and paid on the morning and by evening received a DHL tracking number.
I look forwards to revealing my purchases very soon as I'm sure delivery will be faster than Royal Mail latey

Personally I prefer the protection of Paypal should any thing go wrong with the delivery you can normally get your money back and there are no charges buying
Joe

Paypal currency exchange is rubbish Joe and I've never had a problem with any European seller, better stock and faster than UK despite covid.
If it were ££££'s I'd use PayPal
I use Revolut currency card that gives me the interbank exchange rate not the competitive profiteering high street rates.
The Revolut app allows setting up IBAN payments in seconds
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #934 on: November 26, 2020, 07:22:10 pm »

Joe

Paypal currency exchange is rubbish Joe and I've never had a problem with any European seller, better stock and faster than UK despite covid.
If it were ££££'s I'd use PayPal
I use Revolut currency card that gives me the interbank exchange rate not the competitive profiteering high street rates.
The Revolut app allows setting up IBAN payments in seconds

I see what you mean Andy, I must admit I tend to buy in the UK,  :-))

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #935 on: November 30, 2020, 05:30:01 pm »

A house!  Well, a bungalow.  Well, nearly bought.  We exchanged contracts today and move on the 11th December.  A huge sigh of relief, as we started this whole process way back in early March, just before the first lockdown.  A series of ups and downs and long periods of nothing over the intervening months but finally things have come good.

Except that the removal company we originally chose couldn't do that date, they had other bookings.  So last week we found another who had the date free, got a quote last Thursday, went back to them this morning to confirm to be told sorry, fully booked now.  Aaaargh!!! >:-o >:-o >:-o   So there we are, committed to move in 11 days' time and nobody to shift our goods and chattels.  I spent this afternoon phoning local removals firms, all of whom are fully booked, most into next year.  The whole world must be moving house!  Eventually got a company who do bookings over the phone - no personal visit, you have to tell them the entire list of what you want to move.  Have you ever tried to list everything in your house?  Fortunately the lass on the phone had clearly done all this lots of times and reassured me she didn't want a list of every screwdriver, book, etc., just an estimate of how many boxes all the stuff will fill.  So we are fixed up, albeit at a price 30% higher than our first quote.  >:-o >:-o

(One thing I am doing is to move all my boats in with a friend so they are spared the gentle caress of the movers.  Some things can't be replaced on insurance!)

No wonder moving house is up there with family death and divorce as one of the most stressful things you can experience.  Roll on Christmas.  One exciting prospect though - the new residence has no suitable workshop space, but plenty of room in the garden to build one.  So guess what my first project will be?  I will probably come here in the new year to ask help with specifying the space - I am thinking at the moment of one of those log cabin things - easy to put up (so they say) and more attractive than some outbuildings I have seen.  Looking forward to that!

Greg

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #936 on: November 30, 2020, 05:52:56 pm »

Nice one Greg, No more stairs you lucky thing, I've got two flights of stairs up to my "workshop" I tell myself at least it's exercise but I could do without them, we thought about downsizing a few years ago but I can't see us doing it now, hope all goes well mate.

Joe

Tug Fanatic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #937 on: November 30, 2020, 06:13:50 pm »

A house!  Well, a bungalow.  Well, nearly bought.  We exchanged contracts today and move on the 11th December.  A huge sigh of relief, as we started this whole process way back in early March, just before the first lockdown.  A series of ups and downs and long periods of nothing over the intervening months but finally things have come good.

............................. the new residence has no suitable workshop space, but plenty of room in the garden to build one.  So guess what my first project will be? I will probably come here in the new year to ask help with specifying the space - I am thinking at the moment of one of those log cabin things - easy to put up (so they say) and more attractive than some outbuildings I have seen.  Looking forward to that!

Greg

I can think of someone who might have a different view!

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #938 on: November 30, 2020, 06:30:11 pm »

Ordered a new Mac laptop for Christmas for ME!  Lotsa bells and whistles.  :-))

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #939 on: November 30, 2020, 10:46:49 pm »

I can think of someone who might have a different view!

Yes, it goes without saying that MY first project comes after I have completed all of OUR projects!  %) %)

And thank you Joe for the good wishes.  All I will say is while you can do the stairs, stick with it.  Unfortunately SWMBO can barely manage them now, hence the move.  {:-{

Greg

Daleb

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #940 on: November 30, 2020, 10:53:40 pm »

Good luck with the move Greg :-))

If you need a hand at all give me a nudge.

Dale.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #941 on: December 02, 2020, 09:12:45 pm »

An OLFA craft blade handle

Three 1:32 wheelie bins

Model shop Leeds tomorrow to empty the piggy bank  %%
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #942 on: December 09, 2020, 06:48:18 pm »

Quite some time ago I bought a pack of 50 chisel blades from Ebay China. I have now used them all because although they are sharp I believe they skipped the hardening process  >>:-(

So I searched for a quality alternative and came up with OLFA made in Japan. I found Amazon was best at £3.84 for 5 x KB4-F delivered. However I discovered they don't fit other brands of handle so I had to source that too.

I'm very pleased with the quality.
https://www.ffx.co.uk/Product/Get/Olfa-Ak-4-0091511400670-Comfort-Grip-Premium-Art--Graphics-Knife

I have now ordered saw blades for it also.

ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #943 on: December 11, 2020, 05:52:43 pm »

A couple of orders with Cornwall
Various items but of the greatest interest is the looky likey cast electric motors that I hope will be big enough for scratch building my deck winches, CAP Maquettes I think? and some drum ends

Last order is entirely K&S flat bar that seems to be NIL stock everywhere
ANDY

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #944 on: December 11, 2020, 06:30:58 pm »

I went all out this week - I sent my treasured table saw back to America for a table upgrade  O0   My wife has said thats its my Christmas and birthday present whatever that means  {-)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #945 on: December 11, 2020, 06:33:25 pm »

It means one or two things
A it is very expensive
B your birthday is very soon

{-)
ANDY

Mark T

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #946 on: December 11, 2020, 06:37:27 pm »

It means one or two things
A it is very expensive
B your birthday is very soon

{-)

Ha ha - well A is correct and B is a long way away so she'll forget by then  {-)   I'm not actually sure if I posted it the USA or sent it on holiday without me  {-)   Its my best and most favourite tool I've ever owned and I cannot wait to get it back.

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #947 on: December 11, 2020, 06:39:15 pm »

A woman forget?  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) <*<

You might get a B day card with a copy of the receipt $$$$$$$  {-)
ANDY

RST

« Reply #948 on: December 11, 2020, 06:47:15 pm »

Shilouette Cameo 4 plus 2 knives for cutting up to 3mm deep.  Hope they are as good as meant to be. Not started playing with it yet.

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #949 on: December 11, 2020, 08:12:34 pm »

New MacBook Pro came in, and is up and running.  N-I-C-E  :-))

Model boat related?  Sure, drawings, websites, tons of boat photos....  ok2
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.