Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: What have you bought this week?  (Read 267895 times)

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: What have you bought this week?
« Reply #1050 on: March 05, 2021, 09:45:19 pm »

I restocked on masking material but with Wonderland Models Edinburgh.
Order placed on the 2nd and notified of dispatch only an hour later.
Arrived on the 4th  8)  that is fast

A new product I believe? to me anyway. Masking with a skirt attached, in two sizes. Makes painting the hull so much easier.
ANDY
You’ll only know your best effort if you don’t give up.

RST

« Reply #1051 on: March 05, 2021, 10:37:44 pm »

A VSP!  Complete with brushless motor -so had to order a small ESC and programming card also (vis Model Shop Leeds).  Not very impressed when I have so many brushed motors and ESC's to hand but hey ho, saves stripping it out as the "pinion gear" on the motor is swaged on rather than grub screw.  Then 2 new servos.

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner-voith-schneider-drive-g2358.html#SID=2338

Was very Disappointed with Cornwall Model boats FED-EX service, disgusting tactics, won't ever order with delivery from them again -they're on black-list along with with yodel and hermes!!!

This is an experiment, fully expect to have to order another, but trying one in a 3-D printed hull first...

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #1052 on: March 08, 2021, 09:52:31 pm »

Maybe some remember my post about Raboesch propellers and how they changed their definition of LH & RH causing endless problems for retailers and Etailers.
I just bought another 4 blade 50mm but from SHG on eBay. They use a picture of the prop to avoid confusion. Also the best delivered price.

This will make a pair for a Slipway Yorkshireman tug.
Thanks to Stan I got one of the last kits from Lawrie last week.
There are no more so please don't think of it.

I now have Maggie M and Yorkshireman so I might make next year a slipway build year
ANDY

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1053 on: March 08, 2021, 10:04:01 pm »

Two water mist fire extinguishers for the kitchen and the workshop/garage which should arrive tomorrow.

Colin

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1054 on: March 09, 2021, 07:07:24 pm »

Some more metal upgrade parts to repair my Tamiya Pajero, about a year ago the ball joint broke off a steering Knuckle so I replaced the knuckles with metal ones, then a few months ago the inner steering arm that attaches to the servo broke where the ball screws in, I did a repair that worked ok only for the steering link arms to fail a few weeks later again where the ball joint screws in so she's up and running again, but I think it's just a matter of time before some other plastic part fails the CC01 chassis is ok but the weak spots seem to be where the ball joint screw into the plastic ie. the thread on the ball cuts a thread in the plastic, I think this puts stress on the small amount of plastic around the tread it would have been better with a clearance hole and a longer thread with a nut and washer, one thing about the upgrade precision parts they take some slack out of the steering.

Joe.

david48

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1055 on: March 10, 2021, 09:37:44 am »

A freesat LNB and a new Freesat recordable box  ,the snow on the roof brought down the old dish, (The next bit should be under retirement) As my wife wont let me on the roof I have had to move the dish . What I might have to buy next week is a sat finder!!!!!
David
Two heads are better than one sheep head  as my old plant manager used to say

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #1056 on: March 10, 2021, 11:28:55 am »

I offered £10 for these last week.
Just arrived excellent price £12.85 delivered.

10 pack
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-10PCS-Plato-170-Flush-Wire-Cable-Cutter-Cutting-Snips-Pliers-Side-DIY-Tool/383891958950
ANDY

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1057 on: March 10, 2021, 06:12:09 pm »

I have one pair of those - I note they are for cutting copper wire. Cutting up to 1mm brass has dented the cutting edge, and two days ago the tip of one broke off. I think I need to pay more. >:-o

Barrie

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #1058 on: March 10, 2021, 06:23:13 pm »

As it says on the handle they are for 1mm dia maximum but are excellent for cutting wood planks and styrene.
Don’t use on steel wire. I’ve only acquired dents when exceeding the size.
However once they are dented just keep just save them for thicker wire until they’re no good at
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
Re: What have you bought this week? Billing Boats
« Reply #1059 on: March 10, 2021, 11:02:21 pm »

I guess there's a few members out there who are frustrated by almost every model being out of stock everywhere.

This is almost entirely pandemic driven on top of building a new factory at the onset of Covid. Unfortunate timing.

Cornwall models is still the best place to buy certainly by price! I would place a pre order if you want to be sure of a particular kit as it becomes available.

Alternatively ebay  :((

EDIT if you have unbuilt kits there has never been a better time to get your money back if you won't get around to building it.
ANDY

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1060 on: March 11, 2021, 10:15:25 am »

Well I ordered a week ago an end mill sharpening machine from a company called VevorUK, a decent price - just £249.00 paid by paypal to be secure, and this morning I got an email from them saying that the item I wanted had to be transferred from another warehouse for the additional cost of £66 - the order has now been cancelled, and a refund requested, I shall be waching closely to make sure that it is.
I presume this is because the warehouse is not in the UK and they have suddenly found the cost to transport between warehouses.
caveat emptor

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #1061 on: March 11, 2021, 09:49:12 pm »

Maybe some remember my post about Raboesch propellers and how they changed their definition of LH & RH causing endless problems for retailers and Etailers.
I just bought another 4 blade 50mm but from SHG on eBay. They use a picture of the prop to avoid confusion. Also the best delivered price.

This will make a pair for a Slipway Yorkshireman tug.
Thanks to Stan I got one of the last kits from Lawrie last week.
There are no more so please don't think of it.

I now have Maggie M and Yorkshireman so I might make next year a slipway build year

EDIT my bad. Prop was ordered from modelboatbits. not SHG Arrived today and correct as ordered so now I have a pair  :-)  for the Yorkshireman.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRASS-MODEL-BOAT-PROPELLER-50mm-4-BLADE-RIGHT-HAND-M4-CLOCKWISE-ROTATION/203294708470
ANDY

Taranis

• Full Mayhemer
  • Balne Moor MBC
« Reply #1062 on: March 12, 2021, 03:44:45 pm »

I just got a 10% discount code from hobbyking. I already had a digital tachometer and 2 x 3542 Turnigy SK3 1250KV motors in my shopping basket so I thought OK
On processing payment they took 20% off  O0   Who am I to argue.

These are for the 46" crash tender. I think they should be man enough.
ANDY

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1063 on: March 13, 2021, 04:20:30 pm »

Dremel Moto Saw (scroll saw) but intended for my birthday so I will have to wait a couple of weeks. Looks just what I need as it will clamp to a workbench and the saw can be removed and used as a hand held coping saw.

https://www.alanwadkinstoolstore.co.uk/power-tools-c17/dremel-moto-saw-ms20-1-5-2-in-1-scroll-saw-fret-saw-f013ms20jb-p26368

Bought from Toolstore, Alan Wadkins in Darlington. Ordered lunchtime yesterday and delivered just after lunch today plus best price online and free delivery. Service doesn't get much better than that.

https://www.alanwadkinstoolstore.co.uk/

Colin

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #1064 on: March 13, 2021, 07:53:00 pm »

That looks a natty tool.  Problem though, birthday is 7 months away and I promised not to build any more boats  !
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #1065 on: March 14, 2021, 09:42:47 pm »

Saw the tail end of "The Scarlet and the Black" on TV recently (Gregory Peck, Christopher Plummer). We quite like these WW2 films so ordered the DVD to watch at our leisure.  It arrived today so that's tonights entertainment sorted, or so we thought - they've sent us the Polish version!
Thank You Mr Amazon. <*< <*< <*< <*<

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1066 on: March 15, 2021, 07:38:48 am »

Well I ordered a week ago an end mill sharpening machine from a company called VevorUK, a decent price - just £249.00 paid by paypal to be secure, and this morning I got an email from them saying that the item I wanted had to be transferred from another warehouse for the additional cost of £66 - the order has now been cancelled, and a refund requested, I shall be waching closely to make sure that it is.
I presume this is because the warehouse is not in the UK and they have suddenly found the cost to transport between warehouses.
caveat emptor
Pleased to report that according to paypal I have received my refund.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1067 on: March 15, 2021, 10:53:27 am »

You do realize that due to the shortage of material that they will inevitably show it again soon, watched a couple of months ago and its repeated several times since then.  :}
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1068 on: March 15, 2021, 07:43:40 pm »

A Tamiya Grasshopper, I've seen these things priced at upwards of £170, so when I saw one at 85 quid including a ESC from elitemodelsonline.com  I thought could be a bit of nostalgic fun, I had one back in the eighties It will keep me busy till I get an inspiration for another boat,  I guess I'll never grow up, at least I hope not  %%

Joe.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #1069 on: March 16, 2021, 08:36:24 am »

Hi Radio Joe

I have an original Falcon model, but, I upgraded the motor to a brushless 2400kv and 3S Lipo !!!

It's totally insane to drive !!!

Canabus

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1070 on: March 16, 2021, 09:21:42 am »

Hi Canabus,  I had thought of fitting a brushless motor the ESC supplied can be programed for both types of motor, the 380 brushed motor dose look small, but I'll build it stock for now apart from fitting ballrace bearings and see how it runs, it will probably be fast enough for my old brain to keep up with.

Joe.

canabus

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boats a hole in the water you pour money into!!!
« Reply #1071 on: March 16, 2021, 10:52:07 am »

Hi Radio Joe

My original motor was a 540, 20,000 rpm so the brushless was 26,640 rpm !!!

I thought that was OK, but I missed the wattage difference !!!

The 540 was 90 Watts on 7.2 volts and the brushless was 550 Watts on 18.5 volts.

I was only running on 11.1 volts, but the power must be double or more than the 540 motor.

Half an hour the car is still going strong, but the driver requires a metal break and a beer !!

Canabus

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #1072 on: March 16, 2021, 09:05:29 pm »

Don't go too mad with a Grasshopper, the chassis is not up to big power.

radiojoe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1073 on: March 16, 2021, 09:22:06 pm »

I prefer a more scale speed in models boats as well as cars so I think the stock 380 motor will be fine.

Joe

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #1074 on: March 22, 2021, 06:42:03 pm »

... via ebay.....

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 61   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.