The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Stevns Arctic Build

(1/70) > >>

chipchase:
Hi all i started this project last year, but was unable to get line drawings of the tug. I did manage to get a GA drawing from
Robert Allan. I had a hull that i cut up and tried to use sections along with quite a bit of guess work LOL, I am building her to a scale of 1/32 at least that bit will be right, she will be 41 inches long  and 14 inch beam. I was sent some photos of the Stevns Ocean a model built for Robert Allan, hopefully she might look like her when finished.
Here are photos of the plug so far.

steve mahoney:
Don't take the GA as gospel. I have a couple from RA of the same boat and they are slightly different. Enough that a model made from each would have a different hull. Might just be an error or may be so that no-one can use a GA to make an accurate boat. And, no I'm no a conspiracy theorist.

Will be following this thread  with interest, always pick up a few tips from your builds.

chipchase:
Steve looking at photos i have of the Stevns Arctic the GA drawings look the same vessel. I will also be making the Schottel drives for this vessel so its going to be quite a long build. 

16-21:
Brian,

I’m looking forward to your build.  :-))

chipchase:

--- Quote from: Batfish on March 13, 2018, 10:42:05 pm ---Brian,

I’m looking forward to your build.  :-))

--- End quote ---

Cheers, i hope i do it justice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version